Brother applying to UK police-asked for Thai police clearance form. I'm still a UK resident

I am technically a UK resident, but have been staying in Thailand for 3 years on different visas and plan to stay for another 3 if possible.

On his application form to the police my brother wrote that that his brother (me), is living in Thailand which I assume they took to mean I am a resident as they are now asking for a 'Thai police clearance form' before the application can proceed.

1. Has there been a mistake, do I need to apply?

2. Will I be eligible to receive one as a non-resident here on a non-immigrant O marriage visa?

Thanks in advance, I have suggested he speak to the UK police but he does not want to 'rock the boat' if avoidable.

Edited by kiddeemak

If you still have a UK address apply online at Disclosure Scotland, get it sent direct to your brother.

But his brother's already let the cat out of the bag. So either he retracts what he said on his application which casts doubt on his credibility, or he has to explain why the OP cannot produce a Thai Police certificate (unless one is forthcoming).

"I am technically a UK resident...." - yeah, right.

What are you needing the UK police clearance for? You can get one here without any visa.

You do not need a police clearance to apply for any extension at immigration, You would only need one to a apply for a OA visa at an embassy or consulate in the UK.

What are you needing the UK police clearance for? You can get one here without any visa.

You do not need a police clearance to apply for any extension at immigration, You would only need one to a apply for a OA visa at an embassy or consulate in the UK.

But it's not a UK police certificate that's required, it's a Thai one because the OP's brother has applied to join a UK police force and they want to check if he has any dodgy relatives. (Why would the UK police ever ask for a UK police certificate? They can check their own systems for the required info).

Probably the OP's quickest remedy is to get his missis and preferably the poo-yai baan to accompany him to his local nick and see if they can find a friendly cop who will certify him as a law-abiding resident.

But it's not a UK police certificate that's required, it's a Thai one because the OP's brother has applied to join a UK police force and they want to check if he has any dodgy relatives. (Why would the UK police ever ask for a UK police certificate? They can check their own systems for the required info).

Probably the OP's quickest remedy is to get his missis and preferably the poo-yai baan to accompany him to his local nick and see if they can find a friendly cop who will certify him as a law-abiding resident.

It was not clear to me what was being done by just reading the OP.

The Special Branch police are the only ones that can do a police clearance certificate. There is this website for info but at the moment it is down. http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/ f