Where is Bangkok's best beer garden?

krisb

I can't tell you krisb...Johnny has threatened me with a gun and said I already got two strikes...

So it's Phra Kanong then?

The one in Prakanong beside the Bangkok bank closed years ago.

You wont find them on Suk Rd enclave, they are in the suburbs, as for what makes them good, ok here goes, no hawkers hookers or pedlars, no Indian guy trying to flog me peanuts or tacky jewellery, no Mr Lucky Man, no 5 year old kid trying to flog me three day old dead flowers, no shoe shine guy, no fake charity scammers, no aggressive ladyboys, no 180 baht per small bottle of beer rip off prices, not pestered for "lady drink" whatever that means, no one trying to flog me three foot high Zippo lighters, no one trying to flog me fake Ban Ray sunglasses for 1,000 baht that can be bought all over for 150 baht, no one trying to flog me eck movies

Surrounded by normal people, such as, nurses, students, sales girls, office girls, small business owners, not the freaks that inhabit the human zoo of elsewhere.

On arrival met with a cold towel and led to a seat, on departure, give a 50 baht tip, given a genuine wai and a kop kun ka, not called a kee niaw or cheap chalee under her fetid breath.

Never mind, enjoy.

^^^^, Smokes please dont mention Pattankarn, LOL.

I sit upstairs in a Thai style bia garden as I wait for the mrs to finish work, think they must be ripping me off, 75 baht for a large Leo, young dek serv just handed me another paa yen (cold towel) and topped up the ice in my glass, I wasnt asked for a 500 baht tip, LOL.

I sit upstairs in a Thai style bia garden as I wait for the mrs to finish work, think they must be ripping me off, 75 baht for a large Leo, young dek serv just handed me another paa yen (cold towel) and topped up the ice in my glass, I wasnt asked for a 500 baht tip, LOL.

I'm sworn to secrecy rgs....so many cracking little spots too...poor kris...no doubt I will kidnap and blindfold him at Xmas and take him to a few favourites!

Sukhumvit Soi 7, natch! All the stuff rgs hates, no boring prigs, and a good knockwurst and potato salad plate for a few baht. Oh, and I've seen the odd attractive GRO there, on occasion.

Any Tawan Daeng outlet is also good fun. Again, mainly devoid of people with sticks up their fundaments...

Yeah!

I can't tell you krisb...Johnny has threatened me with a gun and said I already got two strikes...

You wont find them on Suk Rd enclave, they are in the suburbs, as for what makes them good, ok here goes, no hawkers hookers or pedlars, no Indian guy trying to flog me peanuts or tacky jewellery, no Mr Lucky Man, no 5 year old kid trying to flog me three day old dead flowers, no shoe shine guy, no fake charity scammers, no aggressive ladyboys, no 180 baht per small bottle of beer rip off prices, not pestered for "lady drink" whatever that means, no one trying to flog me three foot high Zippo lighters, no one trying to flog me fake Ban Ray sunglasses for 1,000 baht that can be bought all over for 150 baht, no one trying to flog me eck movies

Surrounded by normal people, such as, nurses, students, sales girls, office girls, small business owners, not the freaks that inhabit the human zoo of elsewhere.

On arrival met with a cold towel and led to a seat, on departure, give a 50 baht tip, given a genuine wai and a kop kun ka, not called a kee niaw or cheap chalee under her fetid breath.

Never mind, enjoy.

Very good post, nice to see a lady poster, we need more.

Sukhumvit Soi 7, natch! All the stuff rgs hates, no boring prigs, and a good knockwurst and potato salad plate for a few baht. Oh, and I've seen the odd attractive GRO there, on occasion.

Any Tawan Daeng outlet is also good fun. Again, mainly devoid of people with sticks up their fundaments...

Yeah!

What does GRO mean? Don't you like using the keyboard?

Never mind, enjoy.

Very good post, nice to see a lady poster, we need more.

rgs2001uk's profile says he's a bloke. His follow up says he was waiting for his wife.The Khob Khun Kaa was from the GRO (Guest Relation Officer), fancy hotel terminology, to him.

I'm sworn to secrecy rgs....so many cracking little spots too...poor kris...no doubt I will kidnap and blindfold him at Xmas and take him to a few favourites!

I'm after those places the locals know Smokie.

But you're on! Should be a good Xmas this year.

surprised no one has mentioned ONNUT, right beside the BTS station so easy to get to, lots of good eatery stall to choose from and two stages with live music, in fact for me a good night out, also a small market ajoining where you can buy the better half that dress you have been promising her lol !! "yeah i get caught every time " he he

surprised no one has mentioned ONNUT, right beside the BTS station so easy to get to, lots of good eatery stall to choose from and two stages with live music, in fact for me a good night out, also a small market ajoining where you can buy the better half that dress you have been promising her lol !! "yeah i get caught every time " he he

The coin toilet thing puts me right off....not to mention they are disgusting too.

spoken like a true westerner, lol this is Thailand, ok, so dont have a piss

I like to drink....and drink some more.

Can't be azzed taking a pile of one Baht coins to the pub with me.

They should just make the facilities free....all the other open air bar places are....so I choose to boycott it until they are free.

Plus of course its in On Nut... <shudder>

There's far better places in the On Nut area...albeit you need a bike taxi to get to them....sad really as that beer garden could have been really good but greed and stupidity took over as usual.

FreeByrd, if you read RGS post, he/she said "Kop Khun Ka" Ka is for women, Krap is for men.

He was describing the comment he got from the waitress.

Do keep up gents!

OK. Thanks Smokie, I accept that.

Never mind, enjoy.

Sounds like you want a beer garden out of the farang ghettos.

Yeah!

What does GRO mean? Don't you like using the keyboard?

Sorry.

For newbies in Asia, Guest Relations Officer. Widely understood euphemism for bargirl.

You're welcome.

FreeByrd, if you read RGS post, he/she said "Kop Khun Ka" Ka is for women, Krap is for men.

And if you had the ability to actually read, you would understand that he was paraphrasing what the staff said to HIM, e.g. kop khun ka, as would be spoken by a WOMAN.

Flailing a bit today, aren't you?