British flying to Singa to extend stay?

Hello,

22 year old Brit flying to Bangkok from Heathrow (London) on 13th of August. Return flight booked for 24th September. (Qatar Airways).

Have booked a flight out to Singapore on the 2nd of September and return on the 5th of September (Tiger Air).

Will the flight to Singapore extend my 30 exemption via for being a Brit?

I'll have all the tickets printed so I can show the Airlines / Thai Embassy what my plans are.

Many Thanks

Jake

It would be very easy to obtain a Tourist visa in the UK which would allow a 60 day stay which can be extended in country for a further 30 days at cost of 1900 Bht.

30 day visa exempt entries can also be extended in country at an immigration office for 1900 Bht.

If you fly to Singapore nothing will be "extended" but you will receive a new visa exempt entry on returning to Thailand.

It will not extend your 30 days but you will get a new 30 day visa exempt entry when you enter Thailand after your trip.

You could also get a 30 day extension of your 30 day entry at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

As @Brit_Doggie write: a hiclass method to get 30 days tongue.png

The prints of the Sin flight might be important to checkin at Qatar airways, as otherwise they would have a cheap reason to deny you boarding (e.g. when overbooked).

Cheers guys for the replies.
Got a cousin in Singapore who haven't seen in ages plus it would be crazy to be that on the other side of the world and not pop in to see him in Singa.
I thought I was nailing two birds with one stone ^^. Plus saved the £40 for visa.
But good news by the sounds of it! Thanks

Cheers guys for the replies.

Got a cousin in Singapore who haven't seen in ages plus it would be crazy to be that on the other side of the world and not pop in to see him in Singa.

I thought I was nailing two birds with one stone ^^. Plus saved the £40 for visa.

But good news by the sounds of it! Thanks

Single entry Thai tourist visa costs £25 !

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/76

Edited by nowretired
  • Like 1

I'm a UK citizen. I've been living in Thailand since 1984. I now have a Tourist Visa for the first time as I couldn't renew my annual visa before I left the country and it expired before I could return. I'm glad to know that I can stay up to 60 days without leaving the country while I sort things out. (So many documents to obtain for the "B" visa!) Thank you for answering the gentleman's question.

Just a sort of "generic" rant.

Why on earth do some Posters apparently think it makes them sound "cool" to omit letters in naming Cities or Countries?

How much more time does it take to type "Pattaya", instead of "Patts" or "Patters" for example - so common on TV???

Now we have another clown who thinks he will look like a seasoned "World Traveler" by referring to Singapore as "Singa".

Rant over.

Patrick

• Like 1

I'm a UK citizen. I've been living in Thailand since 1984. I now have a Tourist Visa for the first time as I couldn't renew my annual visa before I left the country and it expired before I could return. I'm glad to know that I can stay up to 60 days without leaving the country while I sort things out. (So many documents to obtain for the "B" visa!) Thank you for answering the gentleman's question.

You can get a 30 day extension for 1900 Baht if needed, that will give you up to 90 days without leaving

Why on earth do some Posters apparently think it makes them sound "cool" to omit letters in naming Cities or Countries?

How much more time does it take to type "Pattaya", instead of "Patts" or "Patters" for example - so common on TV???

Now we have another clown who thinks he will look like a seasoned "World Traveler" by referring to Singapore as "Singa".

Rant over.

Patrick

Patrick, you forgot about Bangers

Rant over.

Patrick

-------------------------------

It's a Brit thing.

Footie instead of football as example.

You are herby officially warned about the Thai embassy in Singapore.

It has a reputation about being an unfriendly place to get a Thai visa......they are quite strict with the adhering to the rules and requiring every I be dotted and every T be crossed correctly.

Rant over.

Patrick

Quite right, everyone knows its "Singers". Oh, and don't forget KL.