Need Advice!

Hey guys, 'wadee Khrub :o

Im new to this forum, what ive read so far it seems a great place!

Anyway, i need some advice on the recent changes to the immigration regs.

I was hoping sometime this year or early next year to spend between 6 months and 1 year in Thailand. My purpose for the stay was to go to a boxing camp and brush up on my skills in Muay Thai (big hello to Sor. Vorapin Gym, BKK!)

I stayed in Thailand before for just over a year, (I didnt work and only spent the money that i had earned when i was working in the UK. So therefore i was bringing money into the Thai economy from UK).

I had to make the trip to Ranong to renew my 30 day stamp every month, the inconvienience was nothing really, i was just happy to be able to stay in Thailand, the country i love. By making this trip to Ranong i was able to prolong my stay amost indefiently.

Obviously with the new immigration laws this will no longer be feasible. What do u suggest i do?

Can i apply for a Tourist Visa, (which used to let me stay for 60 days + 30 days extension).

Once the Visa has expired, can i then leave Thailand pick up a new Tourist Visa and start the process all over again. (90 Days, leave Thailand, pick up Tourist Visa, enter Thailand again) Is there a limit to how many times i can apply for the Tourist Visa? To stay for a year, i guess ill need x4 Tourist Visas!

Dunno, if this will make any difference, but i also have a College Of Teachers Certificate in TESOL (Teaching English To Speakers Of Other Languages) I dont mean to patronise! Soz. Would it be possible to go down the Working Visa route?

Thanks in advance for any help (i need to get to Thailand ASAP, im sick of England!)

Brett

Edited by loki00

Get the school you will be attending to send you a letter saying that you are enrolled. Then go to a consulate abroad and ask for a non-imm-ed visa <may or may not work> if it does not then and for as many Tourist visas as they will give you

Your message is now in the visa section of the Forum.

The whole forumn covers many areas of expat life in LOS.

I thought this was the 'visa section' of the forum?! Ive looked all over and i cant find another visa section?? could u even go so far as to provide a link?

Thanks Astral for the help so far.

Hi From what you say you are coming here to learn more skills and will not be earning therefore I would guess you would qualify for an Education Visa which takes the hastle out of it. I cant give you precise details but I know a lot of guys do this to come here and qualify as dive masters with diving clubs. If needed I could make some enquiries but Im sure somone else on the forum could elaborate.

Hi From what you say you are coming here to learn more skills and will not be earning therefore I would guess you would qualify for an Education Visa which takes the hastle out of it. I cant give you precise details but I know a lot of guys do this to come here and qualify as dive masters with diving clubs. If needed I could make some enquiries but Im sure somone else on the forum could elaborate.

if the school is registered with some ministry in Thailand then its a piece of cake to get a Non Imm "ED"

not sure if you have a letter from a school is not registered.