Burglar Alarms?

FireMedic

So my house and 3 others in the neighborhood got hit today. He got through the window and pried out all the screws to the metal cage. Only got taken for small things and some cash from a purse. All the major stuff like electronics was left.....maybe for later. Either way, does anyone have personal experience having a company set up a security system for you? Mrs. Firemedic is crapping bricks about this so I need some help please.

So far I've researched Riskpro and a couple others.

I bought a trail camera with a SIM card, get instant photo updates and evidence if robbed.

But pointless if the police don't act on it. Our moo-ban was hit by a villain hired to do some work on a house. He did some 'work' on other houses. We later learn he has a police record for burglary. We had clear CCTV evidence of him entering/leaving yet BIB did nothing.

As are alarms if nobody acts on it.

I bought a trail camera with a SIM card, get instant photo updates and evidence if robbed.

But pointless if the police don't act on it. Our moo-ban was hit by a villain hired to do some work on a house. He did some 'work' on other houses. We later learn he has a police record for burglary. We had clear CCTV evidence of him entering/leaving yet BIB did nothing.

So if the police don't do anything at all then camera's are useless.

Many houses have those steelbars all over, costs like 60.000 depending of the house.

Why would a burglar alarm be better if the police don't do anything?

So if the police don't do anything at all then camera's are useless.

Many houses have those steelbars all over, costs like 60.000 depending of the house.

Why would a burglar alarm be better if the police don't do anything?

Because as pissed as my neighbors are, if the alarm sounded, village justice would arrive in no time.

I remember the other issues you had at this house. Just move to a better place with security would be my advice.

A dog would also help.

i live in the rice paddys and have 2 rottys ,no probs even the family dont come round

Well today a security company was installing cameras at my neighbors house. We walked over and asked if the boss guy could come over when they finished. So he did with the neighbor in tow. He gave me a flyer of their deals and told me everything about their system...mainly cameras. I asked if there was a theft deterrent like alarms, motion sensors, or anything.....he said "no, only camera." I said the suspect in our case was seen with a full helmet, jacket and gloves. How does a camera system help in this case where it is impossible to identify a burglar?. If he opened a window and a 130 db alarm went off, he would take off immediately because it would draw a crowd pretty quickly. A camera system is nice, but doesn't alert anyone. Its only good for after the crime is committed. The security camera guy got all flustered and left.

I had an ADT system with motion, sound, fire, remote monitoring, battery backup, etc. at my house back in the West and would want something similar if I didn't live in a condo or gated community here.

I recall reading about some folks installing electric fence toppers as a deterrent in Phuket http://www.wasp-security.com/index.php

Well the TSK Security guys were just here. Perfectly spoken and polite staff came and did a quick rundown of my house. Sensors on every window and door, audible alarm/strobe outside, bedroom panic button, and a key fob on/off system that is monitored. Seems really nice so I may opt for it. Like most cases you have 2 choices. Buy the system and install yourself or pay a monthly service fee and let them do all the hard stuff.

Edited by FireMedic