Marriage extension. Monthly visits.

When they visited last time to vet the application details, they said it will probably be a monthly visit. Sure enough we've just had immigration up here again, it's a 70 km round trip for them. Must have nothing better to do. One asked If I had tried tapping the trees. Even if I had I'm not daft enough to admit I had, I'm asleep when that's going on. However is anyone else getting this happen?

Where are you living,maybe then others in your area may be able to comment,as this may only be specific to your area for some reason,immigration in Thailand varies immensely across the country,it's certainly not plain sailing everywhere.

Where are you living,maybe then others in your area may be able to comment,as this may only be specific to your area for some reason,immigration in Thailand varies immensely across the country,it's certainly not plain sailing everywhere.

Out in the sticks of Ranong, nearest Ex Pat is about 20 km away. Last time they said they wanted to know it wasn't an address of convenience, why can't they just call the local police who see me often?

Out in the sticks of Ranong, nearest Ex Pat is about 20 km away. Last time they said they wanted to know it wasn't an address of convenience, why can't they just call the local police who see me often?

Just had a chat with the aforementioned expat. He's on a retirement extension and has been told the visits will be monthly. Looks like Ranong going their own way.

Actually the intent may be to help those foreigners as they have been directed to do in the past. Some offices will consider such personal visits to be a way to understand needs of such foreigners and not take it as harassment.

• Like 1

If they are happy with a soda, a fruit juice or a coffee I would not have a problem tongue.png

But really it would bother me.

I want to be free to travel and be out whenever I wish.

I hate to have schedules / appointments.

Thats not what I came to Thailand for.

Edited by KhunBENQ

If they are happy with a soda, a fruit juice or a coffee I would not have a problem tongue.png

But really it would bother me.

I want to be free to travel and be out whenever I wish.

I hate to have schedules / appointments.

Thats not what I came to Thailand for.

They can count themselves lucky to get a glass of water. Especially when they arrive mob handed. 4 of 'em.

If you are not in they generally talk to the neighbours to confirm that you still live there and are all legit. I think they will give up after a few visits unless by visiting you they get to have the day off or a few hours in a nice restaurant enroute or some other benefit.

If you are not in they generally talk to the neighbours to confirm that you still live there and are all legit. I think they will give up after a few visits unless by visiting you they get to have the day off or a few hours in a nice restaurant enroute or some other benefit.

They call 1st, but the neighbours better co-operate if they don't want to feel the wife's wrath, 1 is her daughter, the other is her sister. Next nearest is 1/2km away.