Portable "jump starters"........

JamieP

Does anyone have any opinions of this kind of device?

http://www.lazada.co.th/i-unique-jump-starter-power-bank-22000-mah-white-8-in-1-907781.html

I have left my keys in the ignition of my scooter (Honda Click) yet again. This time however, I can't even get it to start using the kick starter.

So, besides the obvious solution of not leaving the ignition on in the first place, are this things any good?

I bought one last year when both my motorcycle and truck battery kept dying. Not exactly that model, but looks and functions similar. Works great. I can jump my 3.0 liter Isuzu Dmax with it several times without having to recharge the unit. Also, it jumps my VFR many times before running down. Took it camping and used the light on it for 4 hours without it dying. Great little unit.

Thanks, floridaguy.

Might well invest in one. At a couple of thousand baht, it's not a lot.

Don't need it just now though. Managed to get it to kickstart no problem after posting the OP then took the bike on a run to charge the battery.

I don't get it? If your battery is not charging should it not be replaced. It seems like your trying to put off the inevitable. I use a trickle charger on my bike battery and it never lets me down (with the knowledge that they do need replacing quicker here due to hotter climate)

Edited by DILLIGAD

I don't get it? If your battery is not charging should it not be replaced. It seems like your trying to put off the inevitable. I use a trickle charger on my bike battery and it never lets me down (with the knowledge that they do need replacing quicker here due to hotter climate)

I have left my keys in the ignition of my scooter (Honda Click) yet again

The battery charges and holds charge just fine. It just tends to discharge again when I stupidly leave the keys in the ignition......

So, besides the obvious solution of not leaving the ignition on in the first place