Connecting Flights Baggage Allowance Differences

stament

I am flying to Thailand with a large baggage allowance of 40kgs but then am planning to connect to a Domestic BKK Airways flight where I will only be allowed 30kgs.

Will BKK airways allow the extra 10kgs or will they charge me, and if the latter where will I be charged at check-in for the originating flight or at boarding of the connecting flight or arrival at the second flight?

Does anyone have any experience of this on Emirates and BKK Airways or Emirates and Thai Airways?

Thanks in advance

Sorry I negates to mention the two flights were booked independently so not one through ticket as this wasn't possible.

Will I be charged at the rate of the second leg only ie domestic to domestic which is just thb 80 per kilo for bkk airways?

Sorry I negates to mention the two flights were booked independently so not one through ticket as this wasn't possible.

Will I be charged at the rate of the second leg only ie domestic to

domestic which is just thb 80 per kilo for bkk airways?

As it is an independent ticket they're in their full right to charge you for the 10 kg overweight.

So it's not actually a "connecting" flight: you have 2 separate, completely independent flights. You will be liable for any excess baggage charges when you check in for the second flight.

Now... if there's some way you could get the Emirates airline's check-in agent to forward your checked the bags to your final destination, that would be perfect - you wouldn't even need to pick them up in BKK. But as neither airline is in the same alliance, I'm not sure if they can do it. Won't hurt to ask.

I've been flying into Bangkok on another airline with 40 kgs of hold-luggage in three bags for the past few years, and have usually found Bangkok Air to be happy to load 30kgs in two hold-bags, for the onward domestic-connection. That's using my Bangkok-Air frequent-flyercard, to get the 10 kgs extra, to the 20kgs which your ordinary domestic-ticket allows.

They've often been helpful and accepted 32-34 kgs, without saying anything, recognising that I've just come off an inbound international-flight. I usually find it helpful leave the international baggage-tags on my bags, to show this.

But the third bag (and extra weight) I've taken as a second carry-on, usually a (not too large) pull-along. My first carry-on is invariably a (not too large/obviously-heavy) day-pack.

So yes, despite the two flights being on separate tickets with different airlines, one can sometimes move 40 kgs plus a carry-on (inbound) on Bangkok Air. But it requires a bit of planning and fore-thought, IME.