A Giant Step Backwards

Laurie

Please forgive my ignorance but I don't understand how it is acceptable that a group of unelected people can forcibly oust a government which has been democratically elected more than once - ignoring the April 2006 election - and planned to hold another election in less than one month.

I understand that this General is going to choose a prime minister to look after things for a while. What happens if the General does not like the way things are going? Do the troops come marching out onto the street again?

I am sure that the ousted PM did things that were not universally popular but shouldn't he be thrown out using the ballot box? Why don't the opposition parties drum up support using popular policies?

Dont think for a minute that its acceptable especially when you consider that yesterday everyone woke up in the morning in a "Free" Democratic Country and last night in just a few hours it turned into a Military Dictatorship :D ...however........som na na...and..........lifes funny init.... :o

Please forgive my ignorance but I don't understand how it is acceptable that a group of unelected people can forcibly oust a government which has been democratically elected more than once - ignoring the April 2006 election - and planned to hold another election in less than one month.

I understand that this General is going to choose a prime minister to look after things for a while. What happens if the General does not like the way things are going? Do the troops come marching out onto the street again?

I am sure that the ousted PM did things that were not universally popular but shouldn't he be thrown out using the ballot box? Why don't the opposition parties drum up support using popular policies?

but Thaksin was democratic in name only! Did you think the same when Marcos was booted out in Manilla?

Why don't the opposition parties drum up support using popular policies?

Fear of arrest I'd assume. :o

and the new Gov. might look like a bunch of boy scouts but when they start playing with their woggles its time to play dumb..... :D