Internet Service Provider for Rural Ban Phe Area

bostonhomer

Friend lives in a rural part of town, Ban-Phe area. She has a friend about a 1/4 mile down the road who has internet access but for some reason they just ran the line so far down the road?? Weird.

She was told that she can't get High speed internet service to her house unless there is a total of (4) homes who want it,. unlikely.

Is this the typical way for them to do business, or....

I'm looking for a way to some high speed internet access to view movies, youtube etc..band width stuff tv from the states etc...

Right now she has to run her computer off a sim chit, that they have to charge up all the time.

Looking for options from anyone who has gotten Hi Speed Internet in this rural area, or similar.

Any particular service provider who has great service at a decent speed and monthly rate.

thanks

craigt3365. Thanks for the response. Run a line...not sure the kind of line?

I'm not familiar with the area, but would love some kind of Broadband internet access?? in order to access remote viewing to Slingbox here in the states, or, a download speed to be able to at least watch some You tube, Netflix, movies if possible to keep my sanity while out in the sticks.

I know everything can be done in Thailand if the price is right, which is cool, but would love to pay just once. Do you, or anyone know which carrier I can get in touch with to provide the service that I seek? She does not even have a land line. Thanks

A land line is what's needed. Then she can get DSL. I'm pretty sure for the right amount of money she could get setup. A friend of mine just paid a bit to get fiber. Wasn't available in his area, but he needed it for work. So paid to have the line run.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to check availability of both, not only what kind of line they can run, and cost, but who will be the provider at what price??

Sure would be nice to have fiber, spoiled, but DSl would work.

Quite common in rural areas...the first line costs them a lot and after that each connection is virtually free.

You said they want 4 users which isnt that much, try and encourage a few neighbours.

Failing that ageeing to a higher cost subscription or a one off installation in the 10s of thousands would likely do it.

Quarter mile of fibre (or copper) costs a lot, though providers understand the investment. 4 lots of 600 baht is almost 30k a year...pays the cabling.

Worst case 3g/4g but much video would kill those packages.

OP - I live not a million miles from your friend in a village between Ban Phe and Klaeng. 3 years ago TOT quoted us 18,400 THB to run a landline the 2km from their nearest junction box to our humble abode - without the need for us to press-gang a number of other abodes for this purpose!

Edited by OJAS