UK Pension To Bangkok Bank

I called UK Pensions to change to my BKK Bank a/c. It was going into my SCB a/c. It hasn't arrived in either a/c. I see from BKK Bank's online transfer info that they send via their London branch. They then go on to say they require copies of passport, utility bill, bank book etc - in fact everything you needed to open the account in the first place. I had thought that merely giving UK Pensions my already established BKK a/c info would suffice. Was I wrong? Thanks.

Believe UK has a domestic wire route (just as in USA) to local Bangkok Bank branch which would require routing information for them as well as local account in Thailand. Expect this may require special bank account set up to avoid payment after death (it does for USA).

My wife has a UK state pension. Originally it was paid into a SCB account, and she wanted to get it paid into an existing Bangkok Bank savings account. She simply wrote to the UK Pensions department stating her NI number and details of both accounts, and she received confirmation of the change within a month. No interruption of payments.

Just done it myself, cannot see the problem, Bangkok Bank London wanted a copy of my Passport photo page, my Address in Thailand and a copy of my Bangkok Bank book front page, and what money coming from where... for me my State pension

Re- Bangkok Bank website

The London branch will post a confirmation letter to you, including the unique reference number and registered bank details....

2 days later got the 'unique Reference No' by email, and about 10 days after another in the Post....... must go to Post Office today and send it to UK Pensions

Edited by ignis

wha's the cheapest safest way to transfer about £500 a month from a uk bank to a Thai bank??? I would be travelling on a tourist visa and staying at a friends in Pattaya. So would like to open a thai account to avoid the 180 fee's & also get online banking & atm card for withdrawn in thailand free or cheaper than 180 any help great am British thanks