SKYACTIV technology pushes Mazda to achieve Sales Volume at No.3 in Thai market

By Mazda Thailand

Mazda2.jpg

Bangkok, July 28, 2015 – Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co. Ltd. has been able to break the 2,900-units sales mark in June 2015, pushing the brand and ranking it No.3 for passenger cars sales for the first time in Thai market. The SKYACTIV models have led Mazda to great success; Mazda3 is now ranked at No.2 in C segment with 18% market share - the new Mazda2 claiming 11% share in June. This is successful evidence that Mazda is determined to build the brand to be the one that customers trust. This has led Mazda to be able to maintain market share with the total sales volume exceeding 16,000 units for the first half. Mazda is planning to launch an aggressive campaign during the second half of the year with three new models, pickup truck, roadster and SUV, due to hit the roads.

According to Hidesuke Takesue, President of Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co. Ltd., Thailand’s economy during the first half of 2015 has been slowing since the end of last year. “Total domestic auto sales during the first six months reached 368,000 vehicles, equivalent to a decline of 16 per cent. However during the remaining part of the year, we expect the situation to improve. For Mazda, total sales were stable with only small changes. Total Mazda sales during the first half of 2015 were 16,837 units, equivalent to a 4.9-per cent market share, which is considerably higher than the same period last year. This is a good success for Mazda because even with stable sales, our market share has risen significantly,” he said.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/90-mazda/336-skyactiv-technology-pushes-mazda-to-achieve-sales-volume-at-no-3-in-thai-market

I do not think its the skyactive tech, but rather nice looking cars, well priced, and available for immediate delivery.

Mazda has really turned around and done excellent job with exterior as well as interior on their model line up

Mazda Thailand just don't give any info on release dates of new/refreshed models, possibly because they are so damn SLOW to release new or refreshed models in Thailand(new CX3? CX5 update)?

Plus Mazda dealers seem so laid back, it really pushes any would be buyers straight back into Honda dealerships.

These numbers are different than the official numbers for June 2015 that Toyota publishes, but yes, in passenger cars only Mazda is in 3rd:

Passenger Cars:

Toyota: 7,460

Honda: 5,016

Mazda: 2,070

Mercedes Benz: 1,226

Nissan: 1,196

Suzuki: 1,119

Mitsubishi: 999

BMW: 732

Ford: 707

MG: 300

Chevrolet: 256

Volvo: 80

(can't be bothered to type the minor placings)

In the Pickups category, the BT-50 isn't doing so well though.... maybe it needs some Skyactiv love? tongue.png Maybe the minor change next month will attract more buyers?

Toyota: 12,824

Isuzu: 8,832

Mitsubishi: 2,118

Ford: 1,720

Nissan: 1,132

Mazda: 653

Chevrolet: 626

Maybe most surprising is that Benz is in 4th... ;)

Edited by IMHO

I do not think its the skyactive tech, but rather nice looking cars, well priced, and available for immediate delivery.

Mazda has really turned around and done excellent job with exterior as well as interior on their model line up

Agreed, and I think the Mazda 3 is one of the best looking motors on the road. Could easily be disguised as a BMW, Lexus or Merc coupe.

I think the Mazda 2 has a Diesel option motor for 2015.

and the mazda 2 is the only car to qualify for stage two eco-car rules. The suzuki ciaz is late to the game but I don't think it has the fuel economy/emissions to qualify. The mazda 2 is a good but but a little expensive. If I was looking for a mid sized sedan, the m3 would be it (unless honda civic introduces a turbo into its range).

and the mazda 2 is the only car to qualify for stage two eco-car rules. The suzuki ciaz is late to the game but I don't think it has the fuel economy/emissions to qualify. The mazda 2 is a good but but a little expensive. If I was looking for a mid sized sedan, the m3 would be it (unless honda civic introduces a turbo into its range).

The Suzuki Celerio qualifies..

Possibly moot, because it looks like Eco car v2 is now going to be canned anyway...

Possibly moot, because it looks like Eco car v2 is now going to be canned anyway...

Other makes cannot make the cut, or there is no incentive to continue?

Other makes cannot make the cut, or there is no incentive to continue?

Not that - everyone else agrees that scrapping it in favor of an EV/Hybrid incentive program is a better idea. No proposals yet though.