Does NE Thailand any have 4G coverage or just 3g?

ryanhull

At least they advertise.

I would not bother too much about "3G+" or "4G" in terms of speed.

Real world speeds are far from the advertised values in most cases (specially for overseas connections).

I believe most city centers have it now. My phone (TrueMove) was reporting 4G in Khon Kaen, but a speedtest revealed that it in reality was not any better than 3G.

No surprise.

Those excessive numbers of 42 MBit/s and higher are of theoretical value.

You have to be alone on the world to reach these numbers.

The more mobile populated the areas are, the more difficult it becomes.

They barely have 4G in Bangkok. Thailand missed the opportunity to upgrade to 4G a few years back. All of the political infighting and inability to issue the licenses early enough, set them forever behind the curve. Laos has better 4G than Thailand, from what I hear. The 4G here is spotty and slower than in most other countries.

Recently, I upgraded to 3G in Fang - 150km from CNX.

My understanding is that 4G is some time away.

Difference between 3G & ??? - I have no idea.

I do not have an interest in having the latest & greatest so much so that I bought a True mobile (mandatory) - B699!

My reasoning for the upgrade - True advised that the old technology has being phased out.

Apparently, other parts of NE have 4G already.

Thanks for the replies all, I get it... 4G is here just probably very patchy it sounds like... in truemove store they said there is no 4G up here in NE Thailand yet a friend of mine says he gets 4G in some areas and one girl in the shop said yes against everyone else...

The weird thing is... in Bangkok I get shockingly bad 3G reception on all my phones and networks... yet out here in the sticks (Sarakham - Village) I get full 3G plus its very stable... obviously buildings etc affect this.

I believe most city centers have it now. My phone (TrueMove) was reporting 4G in Khon Kaen, but a speedtest revealed that it in reality was not any better than 3G.

Out of interest what speeds do you get? I am getting 5mb in a village 20km our of Sarakham which isn't bad, quite stable too.

Cheers all

Out of interest what speeds do you get? I am getting 5mb in a village 20km our of Sarakham which isn't bad, quite stable too.

Cheers all

Was getting 3-4 in the center of Khon Kaen, compared to 15-20 at my home in Lad Prao, and 30-40 downtown at Silom.

Was getting 3-4 in the center of Khon Kaen, compared to 15-20 at my home in Lad Prao, and 30-40 downtown at Silom.

I see, I have positioned my phone in a certain spot, when its sat there I can get 15mb speeds now, just means I cant move my phone lol

Why the demand for 4G? What am I missing?

I have 3G - all is fine.

So true (not TRUE tongue.png ).

Its a hype always believing to have the fastest.

I can only repeat what I have written above.

Try to find the real numbers.

Fibre Optic is rolling out in many cities too.

I just got TOT Fiber Optics installed 2 days ago and I'm Kap Choeng.

Saw some Fiber glass windows at TOT in Sisaket just recently. Coincidence?

Were you looking for a boat?

Fibre Optic is rolling out in many cities too.

I just got TOT Fiber Optics installed 2 days ago and I'm Kap Choeng.

Very Interesting . Was there an installation fee ? What are the download and upload speeds ? Do they guarantee a minimum speed ? Finally what is the monthly payment ? How is the service and have you noticed an improvement over your previous connection ?

Thanks in advance