We're still a target, claim anti-coup students

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Jatupat Boonpattararaksa told The Nation some parents of the 14 activists had been frequently visited by soldiers, provincial officials as well as Interior Ministry officials, both at home and at their offices."

Silly rabbits, they were just being friendly. thumbsup.gif

For those of you denigrating the students, you might want to do a little research into their past. They have quietly, and unobtrusively, helped many people who have found themselves faced with inequalities and problems, and never once "promoted" themselves, or sought attention. But apparently, because they disagree with an illegal Junta, they are suddenly "paid red shirts" and "troublemakers".

Some of you are so ignorant I don't know how you manage to dress yourselves in the morning.

Some people here criticize students...yet without them or people with the same sense of courage, those posters would still be under some dictatorship or junta and without freespeech...I am even quite sure some of them complain about the students here but encourage the anti-muslim cartoonists around the world...so strange....

I was told that the parents of some of the the students are red shirt cohorts ....

enough said ..... coffee1.gif trouble makes trouble which ever way you look at it !!

which justifies violating their basic human rights like the right to assembly and the right to free speech, ... ?

So you want everyone to have the right to assemble in protests, make trouble, complain about everything, cry foul ... and go back to the way it was before !!

yeah, that would be real good .. wouldn't it ... thais were so much better off ! whistling.gif

what kind of trouble did these students cause?

were they breaking any laws in their protests? (besides the Junta directives which deprive them - and you - of voicing your opinion)

were they blocking elections?

were they shooting at police or other protesters?

were they overthrowing a constitution and granting themselves amnesty?

were they causing any trouble at all?

Or, ... were they arrested because they show Thailand that the junta has no clothes...

I have been told... that they were all paid by Thaksin and sent by the USA to subvert the junta clap2.gif

Yes I heard the same thing that they were paid by Thaksin and this was just the first step to a bloody civil ware that all red support and where red shirt farangs will be sacrificed in false flag operationscheesy.gif

(any more gossip ? mine is about as accurate as yours)

say it ain't so...

post-233765-0-18032300-1438142825_thumb.

Edited by LannaGuy

You reap what you sow.. they wanted to antagonize the government.. they got it.

But wow.. big deal being followed.. they put themselves in the spotlight and now cry like babies. Typical.

Typical of what exactly?

Of attention-seekers who only want the right kind of attention and are crying when they realize not all the attention is the kind they want. They put themselves in this position. and now they cry over someone following them. Sounds more like they need more attention and brought this out. Because its non news.. just being followed.

you realize that following people, harassing their families, and general intimidation is a technique the military has been using for decades and decades, ... don't you?

There is nothing unusual about this situation and it is perfectly reasonable, based on the military's history, to believe these news reports.

Given what these students have already done and been through and seeing their apparent determination, they can probably handle a little military harassment, but if you were in their shoes, would you not want people to know about it - especially in the case that something were to happen to you or to your family?

Have you never heard of "forced-disappearances" ?? Are you not aware that there is a long history of those in Thailand, too?

But yes, of course, these kids are just "attention seekers"... coffee1.gif

which justifies violating their basic human rights like the right to assembly and the right to free speech, ... ?

Perhaps you could tell your red mates about rights, like the right to stay alive, even with opposing views.

of course red shirts are not my "mates", but I'm pretty sure they have much more experience as a group with regards to being killed for having an opposing view than any other social movement in Thailand today...

and although you can't seem to help yourself WRT posting nonsense replies to me, you might recall - and if you don't then let me remind you now - that I oppose all violence. I oppose the violence of killing people at Big C, I oppose the violence at laksi, I oppose the violence of the PDRC protesters killing police, I oppose protest guards violently beating people they disagree with, I oppose the violent blocking of elections, I oppose the violence of MIB killing soldiers, and I very very very much oppose the most violent organization in Thailand which has killed more Thai people than all the other political groups combined... Guess which organization that might be...

Have girls at their university gone back to the guys with the flashy motorbikes because they are really trying to milk their 5 minutes of fame.

In 5 years when they are all but forgotten I can imagine then knocking on the newspapers doors trying to stir up trouble because they are not popular anymore.

Just like the trouble maker that bounced onto the front page with unsubstantiated claims of Prayut sending 10 billion overseas these claims to not need evidence because evidence will prove them wrong. Lets see photo's, video footage. Anything. Anything except their word because as has been shown by the bitter and twisted they seem to make stories up.

Love free speech and I hope they get to express it, but "free lies" do not count.

Have girls at their university gone back to the guys with the flashy motorbikes because they are really trying to milk their 5 minutes of fame.

In 5 years when they are all but forgotten I can imagine then knocking on the newspapers doors trying to stir up trouble because they are not popular anymore.

Just like the trouble maker that bounced onto the front page with unsubstantiated claims of Prayut sending 10 billion overseas these claims to not need evidence because evidence will prove them wrong. Lets see photo's, video footage. Anything. Anything except their word because as has been shown by the bitter and twisted they seem to make stories up.

Love free speech and I hope they get to express it, but "free lies" do not count.

"Free lies"??? You mean like the one Suthep, the Good General (who is now an ILLEGAL PM) and all their cronies tell?

what "free lies" have the students told?

I'm all ears....

What trouble where they causing you?

Perhaps you could tell your red mates about rights, like the right to stay alive, even with opposing views.

of course red shirts are not my "mates", but I'm pretty sure they have much more experience as a group with regards to being killed for having an opposing view than any other social movement in Thailand today...

and although you can't seem to help yourself WRT posting nonsense replies to me, you might recall - and if you don't then let me remind you now - that I oppose all violence. I oppose the violence of killing people at Big C, I oppose the violence at laksi, I oppose the violence of the PDRC protesters killing police, I oppose protest guards violently beating people they disagree with, I oppose the violent blocking of elections, I oppose the violence of MIB killing soldiers, and I very very very much oppose the most violent organization in Thailand which has killed more Thai people than all the other political groups combined... Guess which organization that might be...

Oh we've how much you hate violence, but only seem to condemn it from one side. To the point of lying and exaggerating to attempt to achieve some sort of equivalence.

"Free lies"??? You mean like the one Suthep, the Good General (who is now an ILLEGAL PM) and all their cronies tell?

Are you stating that the general who is the PM and was confirmed in that position by the highest Thai person in the land and that YOU as a foreigner don't agree.

How arrogant and ignorant of you to simply assume that your opinion is far more important that that of the Thai people whose country it is.

crazy.gif My "trolldar" is howling.

I have been told... that they were all paid by Thaksin and sent by the USA to subvert the junta clap2.gif

Yes I heard the same thing that they were paid by Thaksin and this was just the first step to a bloody civil ware that all red support and where red shirt farangs will be sacrificed in false flag operationscheesy.gif

(any more gossip ? mine is about as accurate as yours)

It never fails to amuse me at the lack of understanding of sarcasm on this, & many other forums... giggle.gif

unsubstantiated claims eh Jamie? So that woman got done for spreading lies about Prayuth, fair enough.

What about the claims from the junta that these students were being backed by a 'political' party (that all you junta sycophants were quick to say was Thaksin) or that the US government were involved. The junta claimed they had evidence of such foul play, as of yet they have not presented it but still continue to harass these students.

Sounds like your precious junta have a few unsubstantiated claims themselves.

You reap what you sow.. they wanted to antagonize the government.. they got it.

But wow.. big deal being followed.. they put themselves in the spotlight and now cry like babies. Typical.

Were those killed in the violence before the coup reaping what they sowed.

They wanted violence and got it, and now you cry about it. Typical.

Oh we've how much you hate violence, but only seem to condemn it from one side. To the point of lying and exaggerating to attempt to achieve some sort of equivalence.

So I write,

that I oppose all violence. I oppose the violence of killing people at Big C,

And you write,

only seem to condemn it from one side

since you prove again and again that you don't listen to / read what others say, I'll feel free to ignore your stupid, ignorant postings in the future....

PS: quack....

Edited by tbthailand

unsubstantiated claims eh Jamie? So that woman got done for spreading lies about Prayuth, fair enough.

What about the claims from the junta that these students were being backed by a 'political' party (that all you junta sycophants were quick to say was Thaksin) or that the US government were involved. The junta claimed they had evidence of such foul play, as of yet they have not presented it but still continue to harass these students.

Sounds like your precious junta have a few unsubstantiated claims themselves.

like brainwashing?

cheesy.gif

Are you stating that the general who is the PM and was confirmed in that position by the highest Thai person in the land and that YOU as a foreigner don't agree.

How arrogant and ignorant of you to simply assume that your opinion is far more important that that of the Thai people whose country it is.

Gee, I'm wondering the same thing about you in regards to arrogance and ignorance.

Let's see, they had an ILLEGAL coup (according to the Thai constitution), overthrowing a LEGALLY elected government. Whether it was a good or bad government doesn't really matter, as they were LEGALLY ELECTED.

Then the General hand picked all the new members of Parliament, who then "voted" him in as PM. No "normal Thai" were allowed to say crap about it. So just how "legal" is that?

As for him being "confirmed" by the "highest Thai", if you bothered to check, that "highest Thai" has confirmed EVERY coupe that's been held. Still doesn't make them either legal or right.

And as far as my "opinion", for someone who has been coming here regularly for the past 40+ years, living here permanently for the past 7, with a Thai wife and loving adopted Thai son, and who puts over 100k baht a month into the Thai economy, I am fully entitled to my opinion. Just as you are yours. If they don't agree with one another, that's life.

Sounds like a draconian State in all truth .....democracy is opinion and freedom to differ....this stuff is well ..you know.

And with Tourism from non - communist countries way down and a tier 3 stamped firmly on their foreheads as a Nation.

These stories just have people booking flights to less dark corners of Asia

...................."These stories just have people booking flights to less dark corners of Asia"..........................

We can only hope ! biggrin.png

Gee, I'm wondering the same thing about you in regards to arrogance and ignorance.

Let's see, they had an ILLEGAL coup (according to the Thai constitution), overthrowing a LEGALLY elected government. Whether it was a good or bad government doesn't really matter, as they were LEGALLY ELECTED.

Then the General hand picked all the new members of Parliament, who then "voted" him in as PM. No "normal Thai" were allowed to say crap about it. So just how "legal" is that?

As for him being "confirmed" by the "highest Thai", if you bothered to check, that "highest Thai" has confirmed EVERY coupe that's been held. Still doesn't make them either legal or right.

And as far as my "opinion", for someone who has been coming here regularly for the past 40+ years, living here permanently for the past 7, with a Thai wife and loving adopted Thai son, and who puts over 100k baht a month into the Thai economy, I am fully entitled to my opinion. Just as you are yours. If they don't agree with one another, that's life.

Is it selective memory that stops you and others recognising that the "LEGALLY ELECTED" government had resigned? And had been out of office for some time, with minimal input into the running of the country. Not only for this last coup but also for the preceding.

Is it selective memory that stops you and others recognising that the "LEGALLY ELECTED" government had resigned? And had been out of office for some time, with minimal input into the running of the country. Not only for this last coup but also for the preceding.

Well, I guess that makes it all alright then...crazy.gif

Let me ask you the same thing about "selective memory". Have you "selectively forgotten" that the Thai constitution clearly stated that coups are ILLEGAL and cause for SEDATION? Or is it ok if there is a "non functioning" government at the time? I don't think that particular clause was in the constitution.

Edited by Just1Voice

Let me ask you the same thing about "selective memory". Have you "selectively forgotten" that the Thai constitution clearly stated that coups are ILLEGAL and cause for SEDATION? Or is it ok if there is a "non functioning" government at the time? I don't think that particular clause was in the constitution.

Coups are illegal under every constitution, but until Thailand manages to form a non-corrupt government I guess they will keep happening. I freely admit they are illegal under whichever constitution, that's why they require an amnesty.

But that is all irrelevant to why you keep referring to a resigned government as "LEGALLY ELECTED". Should we ignore that the "LEGALLY ELECTED" government was forced to resign by public protest over their incompetence and/or corruption? Did Thaksin step down 14 months after a huge win just to prove how popular he was, or wasn't? Did Yingluk step down because she wanted an early election, or because the rice scam was collapsing and people were outraged over her corrupt amnesty/