Somkid rejects Cabinet seat on health reasons: source

webfact

RESHUFFLE
Somkid rejects Cabinet seat on health reasons: source

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Somkid Jatusripitak, a member of the National Council for Peace and Order and chief advisor to the prime minister, has rejected a Cabinet seat, citing his poor health, a well-informed source from the Government House said.

The source said Somkid has informed Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha that he preferred to working behind the scene. The source quoted Somkid as telling Prayut that he would select economic ministers to boost the economic team when Prayut reshuffles his Cabinet.

Prayut has confirmed that he would change his Cabinet line-up when his government turns one-year-old in September.

It has been speculated that Somkid, economic czar of the Thaksin government, would be brought into the Cabinet because the interim charter has been amended to allow politicians who used to be banned because of party dissolution to accept political position.

Although he would not accept a Cabinet seat, Somkid would go on working for the NCPO and the government, the source said.

The source added that Prayut would like to change the economic team leader from Deputy Prime Minister Pridiyathorn Devakula to Somkid because the economic team had failed to revive the economy and economic ministers failed to coordinate in their efforts to drive the country’s economy.

The source added that Prayut would like Somkid to take charge of investments by the government to stimulate the economy. The prime minister was unhappy that the current economic team failed to ensure timely disbursements of government budgets by government agencies.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Somkid-rejects-Cabinet-seat-on-health-reasons-sour-30265464.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-29

RESHUFFLE
Prayut denies Somkid rejects Cabinet seat

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha Wednesday denied that Somkid Jatusripitak, PM's chief advisor, has informed him he would not accept a Cabinet seat.

"Who informed me? Whom did he inform? I've seen nothing," Prayut asked a reporter back after he asked the prime minister to confirm a report that Somkid had rejected a post in the Cabinet.

It was reported that Somkid, a member of the National Council for Peace and Order, had informed Prayut that he would like to work behind the scene and would only select a new economic team for the government. The report quoted a Government House source as saying that Somkid cited his poor health as a main reason to reject a Cabinet seat.

"I know nothing about it. Did he send the message to me via the media? From whom has the news stemmed. Who is that source? I think it's a source from a coffee council of the media. Don't pay attention to it," Prayut said.

When asked to comment on reports that former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra offered to work as an economic advisor for the government, Prayut replied: "Thaksin who? I have forgotten this name." The prime minister then walked away from the group of reporters.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-denies-Somkid-rejects-Cabinet-seat-30265478.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-29