Transporting A Dog Within Thailand

girlx

if i wanted to take my dog somewhere with me for 3 months during rainy season (say from koh phangan to krabi), how difficult would that be given that i don't have a car? what sort of public transportation would be best (or even possible)? is it possible to hire a driver or something? she is a medium sized dog, not too big not too small. advice appreciated.

Personally I wouldn't advise trying to travel by public transport with your dog - although its not a problem on the larger ferry services, I don't think trains or buses will allow it. How about hiring a car for the journey? That way you can make regular stops without having to worry. Many of the national car hire companies will do one way rentals for an extra charge.

Also consider how your pooch will get on in a new location. If he's used to freely wandering you may have problems with local dogs defending their territory. Just a thought.

I suggest hiring one of those long distance taxis that run out of Surat, they will pick you up from the pier in Don Sak and take you where you want to go.

I agree .... however IF you are gonna do the bus ..... talk to the driver etc. I have taken Bruiser a few times from BKK to Trat. Most of the time I bought a second seat and gave the driver 200 baht. She fits in a case that fills a seat ....

I have had drivers say ... only under the bus in storage ... I just exchanged tickets for the next bus

Edited by jdinasia