Expert says Thai stock market to remain bearish for a few more years

Expert says Thai stock market to remain bearish for a few more years

30-7-2558-13-46-27-wpcf_719x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Thai stock market is entering downward trend and is expected to remain bearish for the next few years, said Mr Natthawat Annarat, director of the securities trading of CIMB.

He pointed out that the SET had lost 200 points during the past seven months with the index peaked at 1,619.77 points on February 4 and registered at 1,417.49 on July 29 with trading volumn amounting to 35.3 billion baht.

He attributed the slump of the entire shares in the market to a host of factors ranging from the withdrawal of massive investments of US, Japanese and European investors from the stock market after taking profits from speculation, Greece debt crisis to steady export slump.

For these investors, the Thai stock market is no longer attractive so they pulled out their capital back home, said Mr Natthawat, adding that the Thai stock market is likely to remain bearish for the next 2-3 years.

As a safety precaution, he suggested investors keep their cash and spend some of their capital on shares and bonds to spread out the risk.

Mr Aekpawin Suntharapichart of Siam Commercial Bank’s Securities Company whether Thai stock market would rebound or not would depend on the Federal Reserves’s decision on interest rate.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/expert-says-thai-stock-market-to-remain-bearish-for-a-few-more-years

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-30

To be honest; Who cares? I have some difficulties to believe this figures. But the yesterdays trading volume on the SET was only 35 Millions Baht? Serious? I guess there is more daily volume on Hi-Lo game gigglem.gif

Not much of an expert with a statement like that! Yes it's over-priced but over-priced markets have a habit of crashing (which this one may well) and providing buying opportunities. No real expert tries to predict cr@p shoots more than a few months or a year ahead.

Have to admire the courage of those still in stocks. Not saying a dollar can't be made but seems to me the significant risks outweigh...

McWalen of the McWalen Scool of Investment would say that you are too timid and that investing in stocks is probably not right for you anywaygiggle.gif

Have to admire the courage of those still in stocks. Not saying a dollar can't be made but seems to me the significant risks outweigh...

McWalen of the McWalen Scool of Investment would say that you are too timid and that investing in stocks is probably not right for you anywaygiggle.gif

That is right. Don't do it. Just buy yourself negative government bonds and you will be right. Leave stocks to those who want to make money.

That is right. Don't do it. Just buy yourself negative government bonds and you will be right. Leave stocks to those who want to make money.

" Leave stocks to those who want to make money. "

you remind me of the orchestra on board the Titanic cheesy.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

Why such condescending comments to Rancid? It's easy to make money in a bull market. What do you guys do when the markets moving sideways or even falling for years? There are besides stocks better opportunities to make money.

If it is confirmed by your own analyse the market is going down you just short the market. Markets tend to go move in waves, if your trading you just have to learn to ride the wave.

I never trade the SET.

but McWalen has emphasised most strongly many times he is NOT a traderrolleyes.gif he is an investor