trip to cambodia

jaybas

Thinking of making a 5-6 day visa run to cambodia....

looking for expats that have flown to Phnom Penh and then traveled down to Sihanoukville.

So what i am looking for is the following:

decent hotel in Phnom Penh

Preferred mode of transportation down to Sihanoukville

which area in Sihanoukville is best for partying, hotel, ladies, etc.

Please anyone who has 'heard' this and that.....really dont need that info...only looking for info from folks that have gone. thanks a lot...not trying to be rude....just know how these things go.....have a happy.

ohhh, had to get a new account...for whatever reason, old account would not let me post...so have been in the area 12 years...not a newbie.

I like the Quay...or the FCC hotel.

Central...any of the hotels along Sisawath Quay are fine for bars etc.

Bus to Snooky takes four hours and is easy and cheap.

As said Snooky not the best place to visit this time of year.

when is a better time,,,,can also plan around mid february.

I'd give Sihanoukville a miss unless you are only after cheap girls and beer....cos the beach aint much to see at all if you have been around Asia a long time.

I'd bus to Siem Reap or down to Ho Chi Minh City which takes about the same time as the bus to Snooky....both much better alternatives although dunno the bargirl situation down in Saigon.

BTW February in Sihanoukville weather will be perfect.

beaches in Thailand are much nicer,

unless u head to the islands off of Shv

Kep/kampot make for a nice few days kicking back

siem Rep for temples ( ps bus is more like 6-7 hours as the roads are really bad)

pp for sorta nightlife and cheap western food/drinks/cigs

plenty of hotels near riverside, use agoda or booking.com and $25 is plenty for a decent place

Fcc is way overpriced for what u get although nice to have a drink there and watch the river flow

siem Rep for temples ( ps bus is more like 6-7 hours as the roads are really bad)

plenty of hotels near riverside, use agoda or booking.com and $25 is plenty for a decent place

Fcc is way overpriced for what u get although nice to have a drink there and watch the river flow

I agree....only stay riverside if with my gf....otherwise I stay at Rory's up the road.. .20 bucks a night and usually the bar is open all hours....

Someone suggested Saigon. I haven't been to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) in several years. I used to go there regularly as I had a good friend there and exporting some products made there.

Last time I was there was bout 3 years ago, it was ok. 1-2 days to visit the sites. If looking for easy girls this is not the place to go.

Most hotels will not allow you to have guests if they are Vietnamese. Also I did not find any go-go or beer bars type places as in

Thailand. Only bars and no obvious girls looking for a good time. To get a girl you need to have more than just money.

I would just stay in PP and enjoy things there. Sharkys is always a good time.

I agree....only stay riverside if with my gf....otherwise I stay at Rory's up the road.. .20 bucks a night and usually the bar is open all hours....

As well as the ladies legs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OP uses the expression "ladies".

That could mean many different things.

Give us an explanation please, so that we can help you find your type of "ladies".

I think you know what he means!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no problem with people that go to the whores - assuming the whores are in the business by their own free will.

Of course I am aware of the fact that most Europeans think that those who pay for prostitutes have no other choice because they are rejected by other women - however I have never seen scientific evidence of this, so I keep an open mind on this subject.

But what I do not understand is the language that is used by these whore customers, especially on this forum.

Why do they not use simple words like whores / prostitutes, why do they use words like ladies / working girls / bg's?

nidieunimaitre

see, you have wasted the time of many. the topic was "canbodia trip" hotels...mode of transportation....but you with all your wisdom and intellect, decide to promote your own "better than god" attitude where it doesnt belong. Are you that stupid that you didnt understand the topic, or are you just an ass who doesnt give a shit about following the rules. I must say....I think you are both.

nidieunimaitre

see, you have wasted the time of many. the topic was "canbodia trip" hotels...mode of transportation....but you with all your wisdom and intellect, decide to promote your own "better than god" attitude where it doesnt belong. Are you that stupid that you didnt understand the topic, or are you just an ass who doesnt give a shit about following the rules. I must say....I think you are both.

You asked our advice about finding "ladies" during a Kampuchea trip. I asked you to clarify what you mean with "ladies".

You can still tell us, if you have the guts.

just because you monger around with ladyboys, men, boys...doesnt mean everyone shares you desires. I didnt answer your stupid question, because it was just that STUPID...now do us both a favor and do not respond, all you are doing is wasting my time with your bullshit...this will be the last response to you. Go amuse yourself somewhere else.

just because you monger around with ladyboys, men, boys...doesnt mean everyone shares you desires. I didnt answer your stupid question, because it was just that STUPID...now do us both a favor and do not respond, all you are doing is wasting my time with your bullshit...this will be the last response to you. Go amuse yourself somewhere else.

And what would be wrong with me liking men?

You sound rather prejudiced.

Oh wait, I understand.

You are angry, so you reply by using the most offending accusation you can think of.

So what have we learned today?

1/ This is not a good time to go to Sihanoukville; Phnom Phen and Siam Reap are better choices in this time of the year.

2/ In 2015 there still are people that use "gay" as a swearword.

3/ In 2015 there still are men that go to the whores but are ashamed about it, and therefore use newspeak such as "ladies".