Vendors ordered out Sihanoukville beach

geovalin

Once again, Ochheuteal beach vendors have been asked to remove their stalls or face forced eviction, according to a notice issued by Sihanoukville Governor Chin Sarin on Wednesday.

The 26 merchants and their families are left with a little over a week to clear out, with August 7 marked as the deadline.

Citing the need to “beautify” the beach for domestic and international tourists, the notice warned that refusal to comply would lead to authorities dismantling the structures without any liability for damaged property.

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/vendors-ordered-out

This is why Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam will blaze by Thailand very soon. They can get things done. I feel bad for the vendors but once the policy is in place all will benefit from increased tourism. Anyone know if they are enforcing stricter garbage/littering rules? I have heard Vietnamese beaches are very clean?

This is why Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam will blaze by Thailand very soon. They can get things done. I feel bad for the vendors but once the policy is in place all will benefit from increased tourism. Anyone know if they are enforcing stricter garbage/littering rules? I have heard Vietnamese beaches are very clean?

Was at the Da Nang Beach this past May. Spotless and tourist friendly. Lots of smiles, waves of hello and good service.

Was at the Da Nang Beach this past May. Spotless and tourist friendly. Lots of smiles, waves of hello and good service.

So very true - beaches in Vietnam are clean, have sunbeds for 30B, cheap high quality food and vendors very friendly ... In fact just opposit of Thai beaches ... rolleyes.gif

Been going to Nha Trang for over 15 years, my only complaint is the Police have been chasing all the seafood vendors off the beach - used to be you could get a very good seafood lunch cooked right at your beach bed - a lot has to do with the French and Russian resturants claiming the beach food is unsanitary so you can only buy their high priced food. They pay off the police to chase the vendors away as well............I think I'd like to try Danang next month.