Moving to Thailand in the near future, not sure which visa

You can apply for the extension up to 30 days before your current permit to stay ends. You can do it at any time during those 30 days up to the last day.

The under consideration stamp's 30 day report back date starts from the date your application is accepted at some offices or from your permit to stay date at others.

You can do 90 day reports online now.

• Like 1

If your in Thailand on 1 year extension based on marriage and you need to leave for a few months, for a job or something. What happens with your extension of stay and 90 day reporting?

You purchase a "re-entry permit" from immigration.

1000 Bht single or 3800 mutiple

let's say one has a visa of 1 year extension to stay based on marriage. the validity, for example, is from 1 jan to 31 dec. he applies for a re-entry permit during sep before he leaves thailand.

so my question is that the validity of such re-entry permit follows the expiry date of his 1 year extension visa which will also be expired on 31 dec? and thus he has to come back to thailand before both his visa and re-entry permit expire on 31 dec? and he has to apply/renew for a 1 year extension to stay about 30 days before it expires on 31 dec?

do correct me if i'm wrong :) thanks!

The expiration date on a re-entry permit is equal to the permit to stay it is based upon and you will be stamped into the country up to that date.

There is no requirement to do the extension 30 days early. You can do ti 30 days before it expires to the date it expires.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So let's say I get 1 year extension based on marriage. I also have re-entry permit.

I leave thailand after say 80 days.... I then return a week or two later. What happens with the 90 day reporting?

Would I need to inform anyone that I'm leaving or is notification automatic?

So let's say I get 1 year extension based on marriage. I also have re-entry permit.

I leave thailand after say 80 days.... I then return a week or two later. What happens with the 90 day reporting?

Would I need to inform anyone that I'm leaving or is notification automatic?

If less than 90 days is spent in Thailand there is no need for a 90 report to be made

In your case the next 90 report would be due 90 days after returning to Thailand, day one being the day of return.

There is no need to inform anyone that you plan to leave the country