Krungthai employee 'confesses' to Bt19 million theft

webfact

Krungthai employee 'confesses' to Bt19 million theft
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police yesterday arrested three Krungthai Bank employees suspected of embezzling more than Bt19 million from a Khon Kaen branch of the bank last week.

They are Thawatchai Samranbamrung, Sompote Singsom and Surasak Prasertsank. Police determined Sompote was solely responsible for the theft.

KTB General Services filed a complaint with police after the three were absent from work between July 27-31, when BT19.7 million destined for 17 ATMs in the municipality disappeared.

According to the commander of Khon Kaen provincial police, Maj-General Jitjaroon Srivanit, Sompote confessed to stealing the money on July 29 before fleeing to Laos.

He was apprehended on Saturday.

Police seized Bt1.4 million in cash, five gold necklaces and over 40 currency straps from Sompote, who is slated to re-enact the crime today.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Krungthai-employee-confesses-to-Bt19-million-theft-30265772.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-03

What were they thinking that they can nick 19 million baht and get away with it?

their best plan was to flee to Lao, like American criminals fleeing to Mexico, think again

bumbling idiots bank robbers,,, not enough now day to rob a bank, you also need to know how

to get away with it... and so far, Thai robbers has a lot to learn,,,

What a fool

He could have stolen 10 times as much, gone overseas and argued it was a political act of defiance against the military and that any prosecution was politically driven.

Get rent-a-gob Robert Amsterdam to back your play and you are set for years of hassle free luxury living.

Re-enactment of crime to be slated today.

Why is this necessary? Clearly re-enactments don't deter crime. They just seem to be ego-stroking for police.

In this particular case finding the thiefs too little effort.

Unprofessional police behavior continues.

What the heck does it mean when they say the police arrested THREE bank employees for the theft, but that "Sompote was solely responsible for the theft." Well, if he was solely responsible, then why and for what did they arrest the other two?

Meanwhile, the only good thing to say here is... at least the stolen money was bank money destined for ATMs, as opposed to the worse scenario where they might have been stealing the money directly out of bank customers' accounts, which also occurs here.

BTW, I understand exactly what the prior poster meant when he said the best way to rob a bank is to own it...

Where was he apprehended? Thailand or Laos? It says he fled to Laos, but not where, and who arrested him? And where is the rest of the money?

Where is the rest of the money?

Who were the people(police) that arrested them??

Where are these people now ? Just think--- you now have found a few million and you are already over the borderclap2.gif

OH I forgot ---they were police--- I take it all backcoffee1.gif

I heard that criminals who do steal from Thailand end up in either Dubai or Montenegro islands ...

Apparently they cannot touch you once your there ... whistling.gif

Montenegro has no islands..... blink.png

He's as clueless as his posts mate, he probably doesn't even know where Dubai is either!! ;-)

Don't they know that the best way to rob a bank , is to own it ?

This makes no sense.

Does to me. I call them banksters and no they are no Robin Hoods. This guy is smart bury the rest spend a couple years in jail and once out you have more than a life time of working money waiting for you. Las Vegas awaits.

Edited by elgordo38

I heard that criminals who do steal from Thailand end up in either Dubai or Montenegro islands ...

He's as clueless as his posts mate, he probably doesn't even know where Dubai is either!! ;-)

www.thaivisa.com › Thailand Forum › News › Thailand News
May 12, 2009 - 25 posts - ‎13 authors

Page 2 of 8 - Thaksin Bids For Montenegro Island - posted in Thailand News: Thai web site (tnews.teenee.com/politic/35859.html , my wife reading it) points ... Thaksin Shinawatra's plans to buy part of an island in Montenegro.

Who is Clueless now buddy !! whistling.gif

If your not sure best to keep your trap shut ..... clap2.gif

You think so ?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of islands of Montenegro. Montenegro's islands are relatively small, however they are still part of Montenegro.
In Bay of KotorIslands on Rivers and Lakes

Islands on Lake Skadar

whistling.gif