Phetchaburi Muslim community protests bacon factory

webfact

I've long been amazed at the intelligence of pigs - reportedly more intelligent than dogs. Despite their being wonderfully delicious they've convinced two of the world's religions not to eat them. I for one will not be falling for that deception.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 Baht's worth, if the protest was based on environmental considerations, ie, pollution, noise, traffic etc - they have a reasonable case- but as it's only about the indignity of their faith - bad luck.

So while we are on the indignant wagon, maybe everyone who isn't a Muslims should start complaining about all the products now being sold to the general public with Halal approved certification. That's against my faith and I object to having to fund someone else's religious demands (actually I think it's a big con and a money collecting racket) which is increasing the end costs to me and everyone else who isn't a Muslim.

Incredible how any story with just the word Muslim in it brings out the hatred in so many.

Tragic.

Do you think it out-weighs the real hatred shown by many of that faith against the non-believers of their faith.

My 2 Baht's worth, if the protest was based on environmental considerations, ie, pollution, noise, traffic etc - they have a reasonable case- but as it's only about the indignity of their faith - bad luck.

So while we are on the indignant wagon, maybe everyone who isn't a Muslims should start complaining about all the products now being sold to the general public with Halal approved certification. That's against my faith and I object to having to fund someone else's religious demands (actually I think it's a big con and a money collecting racket) which is increasing the end costs to me and everyone else who isn't a Muslim.

No one forces you to buy halal blessed food.

If I lived in an Amish community in the US I would live like the Amish even though by law I wouldnt have to.

Incredible how any story with just the word Muslim in it brings out the hatred in so many.

Tragic.

Do you think it out-weighs the real hatred shown by many of that faith against the non-believers of their faith.

Doesnt outweigh it at all. Does that make it ok though?

Tragic.

Oh dear, now we are entering "many Muslims support terrorists even if they are not actually terrorists themselves BS time".

Surprised it took this long for this particular line of knee jerk BS non thinking to come out.

Nothing to do with the story or the thread but it still appears.

Yawn.

Edited by Bluespunk

Tragic.

Is this the many who believe all Muslims support terrorists BS time; which by the way wasn't mentioned and had nothing to do with the story anyway.

Yawn.

Tragic.

Doesnt outweigh it at all. Does that make it ok though?

No it doesn't nor was it meant to, it was a reply to an unnecessary post.

Tragic.

Is this the many who believe all Muslims support terrorists BS time; which by the way wasn't mentioned and had nothing to do with the story anyway.

Yawn.

My post was made in response to the one directly above it.

A completely unnecessary one.

Read that one did you?

Or was that one ok by you?

Edited by Bluespunk

If I lived in an Amish community in the US I would live like the Amish even though by law I wouldnt have to.

Well first up you are not living in a Muslim community in Thailand and next time you shop have a good look at many of the imported packaged foods available in the Thai supermarkets and see what you can buy or not buy with a Halal certification attached.

These people make no sense. How is it hurting their faith? No one is making them touch the pork or even enter the factory. So nothing is going against their faith. Ok the Quran says not to touch meat, well then don't go to the factory.

Can't but help notice a parallel with Israel there. Israel's existing doesn't hurt their faith. No one makes them go there. However, the Koran teaches Moslems to hate and kill Jews.

In short, Islam is a religion highly intolerant of anything it disapproves of: pork, Jews, homosexuals, fornicators, &c., &c..

first place i lived in thailand (10+ years), i objected the 5 am call to prayer and all the speaker all over

i did not chose for that either

2015, muslims don't know the fridge was invented more than 100+ years ago

it was never about unclean, but they did not know how to preserve it , in salt, like europeans did for hundreds of years

anyway those "products" , nobody should eat it, unhealthy, left over meat, minced and made into saucages with nice nitrates, phosphates ...

study say for example, eating 3 hotdogs per week, increase cancer risc many folds

Edited by sammygood

Well first up you are not living in a Muslim community in Thailand and next time you shop have a good look at many of the imported packaged foods available in the Thai supermarkets and see what you can buy or not buy with a Halal certification attached.

Correct, I am not living in a muslim community in Thailand. I'm living in a muslim country. No problem buying non halal and pork and bacon.

Tough titty! If you don't like it, then move to a Middle Eastern country where you are in the majority. Apart from Saudi Arabia, of course.

They are Thai. This is their country. A country where they are in the majority. Are you saying Thais cannot have a say in what happens in their community?

Edited by Bluespunk

They have a valid point.

No, they don't. This is everything that is wrong with the Muslim faith. Everything is an indignation to their religion and they want special treatment, special laws, even though they don't live in a Muslim country. They are entitled to equal protection, and so is the developer of the bacon factory. If they can prove actual damage from air, water, noise or any other kind of pollution, they can take this matter up through the political (not much protection from zoning laws) or legal process. Claims that this is some kind of indignation of their religion, a violation of their livelihood or infringe on their practice of Islam are specious and not actionable.

So equally apply to christians say in Sydney opposing a legal brothel being slowed next to their church? Or is it just Islam you're against?

Good. I'm with them. Disgusting way to treat animals. So whilst they're at it, a ban on halal would be most welcome too. tell you what, show you one sausage and up you one halal slaughtered goat curry.

Didn't you know gambling is illegal in Thailand,remember big brother is watching,I really thought it was an offal post.

Maybe you could meat him halfway.

Don,t you mean "meat him halalfway" ? :)