Phetchaburi Muslim community protests bacon factory

webfact

It does not matter whether they are Thai Muslims or not. This country is 95% Buddhist, and everyone living here should respect that.

Living in Thailand you should know Thai Muslims legally have equal right of peaceful protest.

You obviously did not read the article. The decision makers are proactively canvassing local opinion prior to making a final decision, why can't you respect the process?

Muslims have done nothing to earn my respect, either here or back in the UK.

Every fairminded person knows the truth about them.

Not all the same. Peer pressure plays a major part. You are apparently born Muslim, death is the penalty for changing belief. As I said before met some wonderful people who were Muslims. "Renowned religious schollars" can be the problem. Hate to think what the world might be like if England did not ditch the Pope. No offence to posters of the Catholic persuasion.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluespunk. A persons faith, any faith, no exceptions, should not be used to change laws or regulations. ie, in the UK, it is the law that motorcyclists must wear crash helmets on a motorbike (same as in Thailand) but if you are an Indian and wear a turban, then they do not have to wear a crash helmet for religious reasons, that is wrong! wrong! wrong! If that is the law then it should apply to everyone, no matter their religion.

But I would not expect you to agree with that.

Bluespunk. A persons faith, any faith, no exceptions, should not be used to change laws or regulations. ie, in the UK, it is the law that motorcyclists must wear crash helmets on a motorbike (same as in Thailand) but if you are an Indian and wear a turban, then they do not have to wear a crash helmet for religious reasons, that is wrong! wrong! wrong! If that is the law then it should apply to everyone, no matter their religion.

Did you even read this story?

The Thais in question were asked their opinion so they gave it.

Try clicking on the link. It always helps to get the full story.

But you have your own agenda so I wouldn't expect you to agree with that.

Edited by Bluespunk

Yes I can see they are Thai Muslims. What point are you making there?

When I say they should move on, what do you think that means in everyday language?

Why should they move on? It's their country.

What part of 95% Buddhist do you not understand?

It doesn't take the angry brigade long to start does it?

Are you aware of one of the fundamental duties of a muslim? I thought not.

Are you aware of the changes that muslims demand when they move into a country, society or district? I thought not. Please don't tell me I don't understand that we are talking about local muslims, I know that. I also know they are complaining about something that might happen in their community. I am also aware of their right to lobby against the factory. I am arguing about their reason for objecting to the factory.

It would help you and others to reflect on what I have said already and to read UN resolution 62/154. Once you have read that and thought about the duty etc of a muslim, you will understand my position.

By the way 95% is an underestimate of the proportion of Thai society that is Buddhist.

The fundamental duty of Muslims is to spread Islam.

I know what they demand.... It is not hard to see.

The Muslim community do not give a flying about any UN resolution.

Yes it is 98% and Muslims can go and play tig with the buses.

So can you please state your opinion on what they are actually complaining about?

Bluespunk, if Muslims were allowed to protest and be taken seriously in any non Muslim country, it would just spiral and spiral out of control and

they would start protesting about everything that is not Islam related.

Muslims need to learn that if they are in a non Muslim country, they have to adjust to their culture, and intregrate in to their culture. They are wrong

to expect these countries to change any part of their lifestyle to suit them.

I would even go as far as to say they should never have been allowed to build their Mosques, I would stand to be corrected in this, but are there any churches or chapels in

Muslim countries?

So what is the problem ?If the Muslims don't like pork,they can go than they don't have to Complain,They want their halal food ,go to a Muslim friendly country,If you live in a country respect their laws and believes and their culture,If they don't agree /don't like it Please feel free to leave and go to a country that welcomes Muslims and their ways and believes.I believe that all Muslims should live in one Country than they can do what they want and fight amongst each other.

So can you please state your opinion on what they are actually complaining about?

They gave their opinions why they don't want it. Read the story. It gives some of their reasons.

Bluespunk, if Muslims were allowed to protest and be taken seriously in any non Muslim country, it would just spiral and spiral out of control and

they would start protesting about everything that is not Islam related.

Muslims need to learn that if they are in a non Muslim country, they have to adjust to their culture, and intregrate in to their culture. They are wrong

to expect these countries to change any part of their lifestyle to suit them.

I would even go as far as to say they should never have been allowed to build their Mosques, I would stand to be corrected in this, but are there any churches or chapels in

Muslim countries?

Yes there are. I've been in a few.

They gave their opinions why they don't want it. Read the story. It gives some of their reasons.

Thanks. Asked for your opinion. Is the problem a factory or is the problem pork?

Thanks. Asked for your opinion. Is the problem a factory or is the problem pork?

It doesn't matter what my views on the factory are.

They were asked their opinion about the factory operating there and they gave it.

From what I read they have a whole series of concerns.

Edited by Bluespunk

It doesn't matter what my views on the factory are.

They were asked their opinion about the factory operating there and they gave it.

From what I read they have a whole series of concerns.

Love your your user name. First time I saw it I was confused about Blue Spunk. You explained it was actually Blues Punk in another thread. Still amuses me. Congrats and no offence intended from my posts.

They have a valid point.

No, they don't. This is everything that is wrong with the Muslim faith. Everything is an indignation to their religion and they want special treatment, special laws, even though they don't live in a Muslim country. They are entitled to equal protection, and so is the developer of the bacon factory. If they can prove actual damage from air, water, noise or any other kind of pollution, they can take this matter up through the political (not much protection from zoning laws) or legal process. Claims that this is some kind of indignation of their religion, a violation of their livelihood or infringe on their practice of Islam are specious and not actionable.

I totally agree with zaphod on all points, it will be a cold day in hell when I hear of something that hasn't upset or offended the followers of this demanding and dangerous religion!

They have a valid point.

No, they don't. This is everything that is wrong with the Muslim faith. Everything is an indignation to their religion and they want special treatment, special laws, even though they don't live in a Muslim country. They are entitled to equal protection, and so is the developer of the bacon factory. If they can prove actual damage from air, water, noise or any other kind of pollution, they can take this matter up through the political (not much protection from zoning laws) or legal process. Claims that this is some kind of indignation of their religion, a violation of their livelihood or infringe on their practice of Islam are specious and not actionable.

Well said!

Stories like this refreshes my faith in Thailand being an unending source of amusement. I mean where else would they do something like this?

Texas! This will put a smile on your face!

Fox News. As the Monks said "I'm a beliver".

Stories like this refreshes my faith in Thailand being an unending source of amusement. I mean where else would they do something like this?

I just copied the Fox news link as it had video but google it and see for yourself, plenty of coverage

I just copied the Fox news link as it had video but google it and see for yourself, plenty of coverage

Ok. Fox is always sensationalist. Love watching it for entertainment. Not the best place for serious news. Unfortunately these days news is a profit making business. Even the BBC has an agender.

It does not matter whether they are Thai Muslims or not. This country is 95% Buddhist, and everyone living here should respect that.

Living in Thailand you should know Thai Muslims legally have equal right of peaceful protest.

You obviously did not read the article. The decision makers are proactively canvassing local opinion prior to making a final decision, why can't you respect the process?

Your respect or rather lack of for Muslims is irrelevant to the topic.

To make the statement in your last sentence I have a strong suspicion you have no actual experience with Thai Muslims.

Your respect or rather lack of for Muslims is irrelevant to the topic.

To make the statement in your last sentence I have a strong suspicion you have no actual experience with Thai Muslims.

Absolutely brilliant.

The rooster comes home to roost.

Your experience of worldwide Muslims is clear for all to see.

Those 50 Muslims who have a problem with a pork factory can go and take a running jump in the nearest klong.

They have a valid point.

I have to agree with this. In the UK we have to put up with that narcissist idiot Anjem Choudary .. he helped brainwash those two guys who killed the soldier in Woolwich

They have a valid point.

I have to agree with this. In the UK we have to put up with that narcissist idiot Anjem Choudary .. he helped brainwash those two guys who killed the soldier in Woolwich

I believe Choudary is in court in the UK today??

give them a nice bacon butty to shut them up, i'm sick of hearing about muslimes every day.

Too true mate....i had enough of it in the Uk, now, as the years roll by here, its Muslim this, and Muslim that here too....they certainly want to let the world know they are around..Like southern thailand, and southern Phillippines, they just move in, and then say, "right everyone, this is Muzzy territory now, get out or we will kill you all, Sharia Law rules now". Someone will come on here now, saying we are racist, and that Muslims are peace loving, but way too much shit happens concerning muzzies, it ain't a coincedence...

Sick to death of reading about it in ALL forms of the media. Trouble is, the media love it.

I Wonder why it has become the number one talking point, it never used to be. (See, even we are talking about it)

There are NIMBYs everywhere. (Not In My Back Yard).

Whether the protest is about smoke or noise or smell...people don't like things. Just because traffic noise doesn't affect you does not mean someone protesting traffic noise should not protest. Just because you don't mind pork, does not mean these people can't protest about pork.

It would be a whole different matter if they established their community beside an existing pork factory and then complained...then they would not have a leg to stand on and I would support the pork factory.

As it is, I have the same amount of sympathy for these people as I would have for a bunch of Christians protesting the opening of a bar and brothel beside their church, or the Jewish congregation protesting the opening of a Nazi paraphernalia shop beside a synagogue....they are established in the area, and they have a right to dislike whatever newcomer they want to dislike.

Islamic State (IS) wants to know where you live? They think you love them so much, they want to move into YOUR backyard, they want somewhere to put all 'child brides' and terrorist bomber jackets....is your back yard ok for that? No, I thought not....waiting!

I thought protests of any kind were now illegal under the current military administration. Assemblies of more than 5 people are illegal. Except if you have a permit.

That brings me to my next questions:

Where is their protest permit?

Did these people get thrown in the slammer (jail)?

I believe outside forces is at work here. I doubt the local Muslims who have been here for a long while really cares. The problem with the pushy Muslim faith is. you let em' get a toe in the door, they want to shove the whole camel under your tent. There is no assimilation with the Muslim faith, it's all their way or the highway. Don't give in. coffee1.gif

Edited by metisdead

sigh

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Are we allowed to have our own opinion?, or do we have to agree with you even if we think differently?

I honestly believe that YOU are the ignorant one, because you cannot see what they are trying to do in the world...one day, not so, so far away, Sharia Law will take over everywhere. Do you honestly think that is good? or are you already radicalised, and are under their spell? I would really like to know.

I thought protests of any kind were now illegal under the current military administration. Assemblies of more than 5 people are illegal. Except if you have a permit.

That brings me to my next questions:

Where is their protest permit?

Did these people get thrown in the slammer (jail)?

They are not allowed to be arrested, they are above the law don't forget