Snake identification

Gforcejunkypkt

Hi there, can anyone please help to identify this snake (and of course whether or not it's poisonous)? As I was talking on the phone I didn't actually notice this little bugger until after I had reached down to pick up my vaporizer, which was to the right of the glass; gave me a little jump it did...

post-221431-0-02763100-1438676819_thumb. post-221431-0-75170200-1438676854_thumb.

Edited by Gforcejunkypkt

Thanks LIK, from the page you kindly linked it appears to be a Golden Tree Snake, and given I have a daughter and dogs around glad they're not overly dangerous. I got him into a garbage bin with the help of a broom and tossed him into the klong behind the house.

Edited by Gforcejunkypkt

They are very beautiful snakes but they also like to climb HT poles and get mixed up with the transformer causing a lot of costly damage, here is one that got cooked on my transformer, the PEA repair crew said they are attracted to the hum.

post-22250-0-61751200-1438679845_thumb.j

It might bite, but I assume that you are not unfamiliar with all kind of cuts, when you hike in the forests and climb the hills.

One expired Golden tree snake, which caused a short power outage at Ao Por not long ago.
19664858673_bc88685ebe_c.jpg

For the past couple of days I had one, also harmless, snake dropping to my shoulder when I opened the front door in the morning. It was common wolf snake, which looks the same as the golden tree snake, but is brown colour.