Extract audio from Youtube vid to play on iPad?

cheeryble

Example today sent me a link of a wonderfully interesting video interview on Youtube....90 minutes in this case with Jeremy Rifken.

I would like to extract the audio (making it a smaller file and making the download quicker possibly?)

I can then just play in the car on the 30 minute drive into CM like a normal podcast which I do daily.

I started googling and saw possibilities like Protube but there are complications.

Any TVers got this one worked out?

Thank v much!

ps: I have discovered that podcasts can make this previously slightly boring drive into the most stimulating part of the day!

Well, I don't have an iPad myself but on my Macbook I use Safari as my default browser, and in Safari preferences I have it so that anything I download goes automatically to the 'Downloads' folder - I imagine it's the same procedure with whichever browser you use, be it Firefox, Google Chrome, or whatever. From what little I know about the iPad I expect downloaded MP3s go straight into your Music app, regardless of whether they're spoken word or not, but I can't really say for sure.

On a side note, I also use a cool little freeware program called ClipGrab - http://clipgrab.org - for those rare times the Offliberty website can't download the vid I want.

Well, I don't have an iPad myself but on my Macbook I use Safari as my default browser, and in Safari preferences I have it so that anything I download goes automatically to the 'Downloads' folder - I imagine it's the same procedure with whichever browser you use, be it Firefox, Google Chrome, or whatever. From what little I know about the iPad I expect downloaded MP3s go straight into your Music app, regardless of whether they're spoken word or not, but I can't really say for sure.

On a side note, I also use a cool little freeware program called ClipGrab - http://clipgrab.org - for those rare times the Offliberty website can't download the vid I want.

Thanks Croyd

But I must still work out the synch thing to get it on the iPad and where (didn't get time today now 3am)

Edited by cheeryble

On YouTube select "share" and copy/paste the resulting code to http://www.youtube-mp3.org. This automatically adds to iTunes (but you may have to edit the name and artist fields to put it in the right place in your library)

Thanks Aquaman

That looked good it just tried it but it limits to 20 minute videos

Back to the drawing board

Edited by cheeryble

the links provided earlier are ones where a server quickly downloads the video, then gives you a choice of conversion and download to your device.

...also, take a look at these two articles for possibly some easier iPhone/iPad apps:

How to download YouTube videos to iPhone or iPad: a beginner's guide to saving videos to watch offline

PC Advisor | By Jim Martin | 12 May 2015

How to download YouTube videos to iPad & iPhone: Watch YouTube offline on your iPad or iPhone with free, easy-to-use apps

MacWorld | by Martyn Casserly | 31 Jul 2015