Android one Introduced in Thailand. Best value for money.

sjonburi

I've been using one of these for the last 2 months. It's very much no frills, but it works well, has LTE and 2 sim slots. I was expecting it to break down by now. Only disappointment was the other I-Mobiles seem to have a TV tuner and this one doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The goal of Android One is to ensure that more people have high-quality, up-to-date smartphones, and today we’re bringing the first Android One phone to Thailand with the arrival of i-mobile’s iQ II.

i-mobile’s iQ II features a 5” HD screen with an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel camera on the front — just perfect for a quick selfie. It is also 4G compatible and lets you use and switch seamlessly between two SIM cards.

It's impressive but not ground breaking. The idea behind Android One project was a powerful one — 80 percent of smartphones sold in India are priced below Rs 10,000 but none of these smartphones provide a great user experience.

• 2 weeks later...

After 6 months of use, now running on Android N (7) Developer preview:

Good battery life and everything works as expected.

By far the best phone I've ever bought in this (and probably slightly higher) price-range.

Unfortunately a little bit too small as a daily driver.

Would like to see a 5.5"-5.8" device.

• 1 month later...

There is a new OS update, which came yesterday. Probably bug fixes as the phone seems to respond much faster than it did before.

How does Android 6 perform on this?

Also, how has GPS connectivity been based on everyone's experience so far after the upgrade to Android 6?

It looks like good value for money at 3880 THB on Lazada. But if GPS is still not so good and Android 6 makes it a bit slower then I'll have to look elsewhere.

Edited by hyperdimension

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2016 at 4:50 AM, MikeWill said:

Today (25/8/2016) I get updated to a new OS Android Nougat (7) on my  iQ-II phone. So far, so good. 

On 25/08/2016 at 1:53 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

Yes I just upgraded mine too to 7.0.

Pretty cool for such a cheap phone getting this upgrade before all "the big boy" does.

Same here in the U.K. Now updated to Nougat with no problems at all.

This phone may not be to everyone's taste, but I am still happy with mine. Had it over a year now.