Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Transport From New Airport Into City Center & Hotels

silverman

: I am arring at bkk on 6 oct and would like to ask for help on information on transfer service from the new airport into the city center. i am told that in order to take to take a taxi etc one would have to take a shutle 3kms distance to a new transport center (thrills no end). also i have heard there will be direct bus service from the terminal itself to the major hotels. can anyone elaborate for me. who would want to spend an extra 45 minutes trying to get a taxi

thanks, silverman

: I am arring at bkk on 6 oct and would like to ask for help on information on transfer service from the new airport into the city center. i am told that in order to take to take a taxi etc one would have to take a shutle 3kms distance to a new transport center (thrills no end). also i have heard there will be direct bus service from the terminal itself to the major hotels. can anyone elaborate for me. who would want to spend an extra 45 minutes trying to get a taxi

thanks, silverman

Taxis will be queuing at road side of level 2 arrivals. Bus into city from Transport Centre only 40 baht. Free Express Shuttle Bus to Centre 10 minutes.

Boxers Aiport Guide see Transportation Centre

In the past I've been met by friends who come in a taxi, then wait for me to emerge from immigration. I've usually then had to wait varying lengths of time while one of the friends goes to get the taxi to come. How feasible will this arrangement be at the new airport?

And to pick up a thread on another topic, how long then to Sukhumvit Soi 22 at about 1930 on a Thursday, assuming flight is on time? I assume the friends should leave at lunchtime to get to the airport early evening.