Persevere or run? Part 2!

tassieman

Dear TVF members, first wanna say a HUGE THANKYOU for all the advice. Second, by posting this follow up, want to assure those who did respond helpfully that I wasn't some dumb head troll but genuine...my point being, that YES, there are trolls etc, but there are real people who benefit from the opportunity to float EXTREMELY difficult issues with the ex-pat community. So, again thank you.

I'll try and keep it short; the water under the bridge since before has mostly led me to the 1% principle...basically, that even if 1% of the whole thing is dodgy, then that's enough to pull the plug (which I have now done....deleting my Skype account etc).

In the last two weeks, Ms. Y has fessed up to misrepresenting the timing of her ex's death...now March 2013 rather than 2011. btw, I also sent her the link to the previous forum discussion here.

She has sent me VERY difficult to read jpgs of the land loan contracts and the U.K pension payments to her bank account. I was given an email for the fellow who was ringing her endlessly in KL (and I should say when I was in BKK last month) Mr. Max ************ from the British Embassy.

She also lied explicitly about being at location X one evening (purportedly taking a sentimental tour of all the resorts we had visited when I was last in Thailand) and the scene inside the BKK ghosthouse when I rang her next morning to verify was VERY very odd. I sensed there was someone else there and I didn't understand WHY she had to suddenly rush down from Isaan to BKK. Not to mention the fact she sent me what I consider to be a TOTALLY inappropriate and totally unconnected photo of a female child in what could only be considered a sexualized pose (I kid you not on ANY of this!!!!).

More recently, she has mentioned Compass-NLP techniques of mind control (again 100% serious).

I regularly have the "sense" that another person is "on board" the Skype chats and typically takes a much more provocative/manipulative role in the dialogue (and, yes, "language" is what I do and so changes in register and grammatical accuracy get my attention).

The "coup de grace", yesterday she sent another couple of VERY difficult to read pics of shareholding statements that purport to show assets of considerable amounts with the request that I advise on whether she should divest of stay with the investments...my response: "None of my business".

Very recently, "she" (or whoever is actually managing the Skype dialogue?) has been offering to buy me a new car and pay for a trip for us to Europe. She has steadfastly rejected coming to visit me in Australia (I offered to pay).

Last evening, the ABC here in Australia ran a story on the grooming of Australians as drug couriers...you can find it on the website. It pretty much was the last straw. This morning I contacted the Victorian Police and explained the situation. I also wrote to Ms. Y stating:

"Today I have informed the Australian Federal Police and the Victorian State Police about my concerns you have been "grooming" me for some form of criminal/illegal undertaking. I have asked for alerts to be placed on mail and parcel delivery to me and/or members of my Family. You should also expect to be placed on a border entry alert should you travel to Australia given the nature of these issues."

and received this reply just an hour ago from her:

"Omg! Sorry that I give you a problem with that form. If you think that money come from criminal /illegal undertaking.I don't want any problems in cause so I will transfer belong to Mr. [Max] because he is the second administrator who is the person entitled to the estate. Sorry I not understand you saying that I can not go to Australian??????"

It's a VERY weird world and perhaps most of all in somewhere such as Thailand. I think I have dodged the bullet. So take care all you hound dogs....and thanks again for your help before, I think I might look next door for the next love lol

tassieman

Let me put it a bit more subtly than the previous poster: slash and burn all connections with the lady, change your email address. I don't think you'll get better advice than that. Then try and sort yourself out, live alone for a year or two before diving into the first relationship that offers itself. Good luck.

....I missed this one I think...

...but after years of being bilked of commissions, etc.....one Thai person was kind enough to warn me: " If there is ever a foreigner added to a deal, he is the designated 'fall guy' ".....

I watched the ABC 7:30 part about drug mules. Besides burning all connections, I would suggest in future might be good idea to listen to your gut feelings. humans are quite adept at mental self deception (I being one of them) but seems gut sends message "hey schmuck, wake up!". I used to have a travel mantra "Trust no one". After one extended adventure I added "especially yourself" as we ultimately are the ones that get us into trouble. Even if you made all this up, there is still enough plausibility to it that perhaps others can learn from it.

Thanx SGX....yes, Tassie girls will do me just fine from now on in and red flag is OK at OZ Customs is also fine by me cos I am OK and got nothing to hide lol, anyway, take it easy, mp

(and to some of the other posters, ys, I have been battling mental health issues and alcoholism. The drug couriers segment on the ABC just sent me off and I have been in touch with the journo today and suggested they add some relevant contact details to the story for people who might feel they are being set up).

If you can afford it ....hire a private detective / investigator and find out the truth....and do not be surprised and or disappointed about what you learn and what is revealed while prepare yourself to be shocked.... possibly.

Cheers

lol xjbond...I've got the Boss on triple play and so all is good with the world. Look, I AM a bit of a spacehead (lots of dope + et al when younger), the mind blowing stuff was all the Isaan magic element. My Singaporean boss here warned me about this sort of thing. he was a martial arts instructor to the Brits in the 1960s in SGP and he reckons that the Chinese are good, the Indos are excellent (certain regions), BUT the Isaan are the best. So, there you go. When I quizzed my baby about this...she reckoned the Cambodians were the real experts lol ...... so, take care my friends.

Senior Government officials have told 7.30 crime syndicates with their roots in West Africa have scammed or pressured scores of vulnerable people — the frail, elderly, brain-damaged, mentally ill and juvenile — into couriering drugs into Australia through countries with the death penalty.----http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4287827.htm

Why don't we just leave the decision up to Thai-Visa hang them high mob............... "You know the law ---so its only right that you have to be executed"......coffee1.gif

Thanks for the update...many people are scammed via the internet on a daily basis...bogus promises of money you can receive...forged and fabricated official looking documents...all designed to eventually use you and your money in some way....

Don't pay attention to the mean spirited posters...they get their jollies this way...

Thanx SGX....yes, Tassie girls will do me just fine from now on in and red flag is OK at OZ Customs is also fine by me cos I am OK and got nothing to hide lol, anyway, take it easy, mp

(and to some of the other posters, ys, I have been battling mental health issues and alcoholism. The drug couriers segment on the ABC just sent me off and I have been in touch with the journo today and suggested they add some relevant contact details to the story for people who might feel they are being set up).

I think, if you go looking for trouble you will find it. I have lived all through asia, travelled the world extensively since 15. I have never experienced anything like you have.(come close) I been to some pretty seedy parts too. . Good luck

I will put in my 5 second thought process coming from a purely cynical point of view:

Mr. Max has a stable of younger (relative to his age) Thai woman, who he is coaching on how to get pregnant by Farangs who can be exploited for monthly payments from them and/or their governments. Husband #1 could very well have been Victim #1, which would explain why Mr. Max was so kind and good hearted to assist with getting that 90GBP/week revenue stream from the UK government.

The changes in language you were sensing on Skype were mostly likely Mr. Max intervening to assist.

All the crap about her land ownership, loans for development projects, etc., were pure Thai girl BS, something at which they excel without parallel.

You seem to think you are not a target because you do not have substantial assets. But you miss the point that your citizenship and potential to generate even a modest income is precisely the target. Once she is pregnant, she can force you to pay child support. This may seem like a trivial amount, say $500 per month. But if you have three or four of those checks coming in every month for eighteen+ years, that looks very attractive to many Thai woman who have nothing. They get their family, they get paid every month, and they do not have to work. In the mean time, they get to run around with as many giks as they like, which is why she only wanted you coming to Thailand as a twice a year lover. Any more often than that would interfere with the really good sex.

Mr Max? Well, he gets a stable of young Thai women who pay for his assistance in kind.

Once again, for emphasis: Dropping your load in a Thai woman that you have not lived with continuously for at least one year, and who you do not trust 100%, is a colossal gamble of the highest stakes. Danger, Will Robinson!

I wouldn't think it was about drug/mules..

No worries..

Aloha

Archived