how to connect to xbox one live through vpn

livinthailandos

As my title says i'm trying to connect my xbox one to a vpn settings, ive already tried a bridge mode with my wifi and ethernet cord plus a vpn but didn't work, i also went on a few websites that show basically you connect the ethernet cord from the xbox one to the PC, then on the vpn properties allow the ethernet connection to share the vpn connection which i tried but don't work.

my only last option is to wait till i go abroad and update the xbox one abroad cause it won't allow me to play a game till i update online. and xbox live don't work in thailand.

has anyone successfully been able to run the xbox one and a windows pc through a vpn together. by the way im running windows 8. look forward to anyones help. by the way I can't install a wwrt on my router cause it don't support it

I've had an Xbox One from launch and never had any issues going online with it

Updates, games and the store etc all work fine for me without using VPN

Just bought Rare Replay via the Xbox store over the weekend without any problems (though the 50GB download took a while!)

• 1 month later...

hey guys!

i've been waiting to buy an xbox1

but been reading mixed reviews on the connectivity and updates...

i will be travelling to japan in feb.. and wondering if i buy it there it may be cheaper? yes? no?

will it work back home in bkk?

any advice appreciated!!!

cheers!

Have you tried setting up the VPN directly on your router? I have an ASUS RT-AC68U and it lets me set up a VPN connection directly from the admin settings.

Another option might be Connectify. Here's an article on using it with a VPN:

https://help.my-private-network.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/8477-setting-up-connectify-wi-fi-hotspot-

I got the same router and I can setup a vpn there that means no settings in the xbox

• 1 month later...

maybe this thread is long dead.. but i'm finally getting my xbox one.. from Singapore...

hope it works well here.. and hope i can buy games online etc.. otherwise i may have to buy a vpn account for Singapore. or elsehwere where we can use like netflix etc etc..

woohoo!

There are two primary options, both of which were mentioned. Via the router or through Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). Note that ICS is very picky and it requires several changes to your overall computer setup.

it has been a while since I messed with it but if I recall correctly the windows firewall service also needed to be enabled... ICS won't function without it so if you had disabled the windows firewall in the past, the method you used may have disabled the firewall service. You'll need to double check this.

Archived