Underpasses

Valentine

The other day when heading down the bypass road on the way to Thalang there was a bit of a tailback waiting to turn. There was a bunch of steel being offloaded so looks like the underpass will be underway soon.

The Hayaek underpass is going to be a shambles unless they organize a decent ring road first rather than just depending on the narrow soi from Patak to Chao Fa West or Soi Thanuthep to get from East to West.

Underpass at Lotus appears to be a total shambles with heavy rains & seems like the construction company has not made any contingency plan for this.

Central underpass is good for most of the day but fails during peak hours due to not having widened Chao Fa West which was announced would happen. It could all have been done during the underpass construction.

Edited by Valentine

Can someone please explain to me why we need an underpass at the Toyota junction?

It seems to me that, if an underpass is needed, it's needed at Heroines Monument.

Because the monument is too sacrilegious and they do not want to move it. Culture vs. factual, logical need. Culture always wins in Thailand.coffee1.gif

Can someone please explain to me why we need an underpass at the Toyota junction?

It seems to me that, if an underpass is needed, it's needed at Heroines Monument.

Totally agree. A tunnel right under the Heroines would be great. At the very least some traffic lights (ones that actually are synced to the the traffic flow) would be better than the stupid U-turn system they implement right now. It used to be about 7-9am and then 5-7pm now its 7am for to whole day until some time late evening.

If they just moved the Heroines monument to the actual battle-field which is further to the east.......

We certainly wouldn't want facts to get in the way of this beautiful monument. Speaking of monuments, whatever happened to that 50 million baht statue that was supposed to commemorate something or another?

Actually, overpasses/flyovers would be much cheaper and less disruptive during construction. No massive digging, no drainage issues, no pumps required, shorter construction time, etc.

But then, there would be much less money available for skimming into local pockets, so I guess overpasses are a no-go.

Actually, overpasses/flyovers would be much cheaper and less disruptive during construction. No massive digging, no drainage issues, no pumps required, shorter construction time, etc.

But then, there would be much less money available for skimming into local pockets, so I guess overpasses are a no-go.

They are also Mai Suay and not Nah Luk.

Very important factors, here in Thailand.

Why? They can bring customers via Chao Fah East. Not as convenient, but......

Extremely inconvenient for Patong, Karon, Kata and Rawai, which probably accounts for the vast majority of the divers.

I'm more worried about the school run.