Battle of the Bands At Lake Mabprachan - 2PM Sunday, Aug 16

craigt3365

If you are in town next weekend, there will be an exciting event out near Lake Mabprachan. A battle of the bands competition with at least 7 bands competing. Including some of the best local and foreign Pattaya based musicians.

It starts at 2PM and runs until 9PM. Father Ray's will have a charity box on hand for those wishing to help out this great organization.

The Venue is quite large and can handle a lot of people and the stage area has recently been updated with all new equipment. It should be quite an event. Please come out and help support Father Ray's as well as the local musician community.

P.S. As I've said before, I've never met the owner and only been to this place a few times. But thought others might like to know about this fun event. Hope to see you there!

post-5869-0-40339400-1439011377_thumb.jp

Show programme:

14:00 Helmut & The Jam
14:45 Gypsy Lou Trio
15:30 X-Pirates
16:15 The Immortals
17:00 The Decelerators
17:45 The J. Smiles Band
18:30 The Venue House Band
19:15 The 3 Little Pigs
20:00 Popsxl

A mix of Thai and foreigner bands.

Wow. What a day. It was an absolutely amazing afternoon that extended almost to 10pm. The final band is one that played at Burapa bike week the past few years. They were probably the best band I've ever heard here in Pattaya. And only get together for special events as they all play at different places around town. The best of the best. We had them do at least 4 encores! LOL

Every band had it's own style. From blues, to motown, to hard rock to pop. It was a fantastic night and quite well attended. One of the best music events I've attended here in Thailand.

Thanks to the owner for sponsoring the event. You did a great job organizing this, and of course, Helmut also!!!

wai2.gif

As an FYI, the 10,000B price money was just donated. Here's a message from the winning band:

The J. Smiles Band will donate the full 10,000 THB prize money to The Shelter Center Pattaya Fund to help pay one years rent and future medical needs of Cee!

I do a post when they have this event again.

The keyboard player from Popsxi was The Blues Factory's Lam Morrison rock band keyboard player for maybe 10 years or more Jimmy. Very very loyal, when Lam Morrison left to start his bar some years back he stayed with us. I'll never forget that.

Pop also worked for me with his band for a few months after we changed the line up around.

Good musicians.

smile.png

Edited by davethailand

I've seen Jimmy before, but just introduced myself last night. Super nice guy. As were all the other musicians.

I really liked the lead singer. Not sure what his name is, but I know where he plays and hope to stop by one night soon. I think on Soi 3 in Naklua.

Pop was excellent, as you well know!