EU diplomat visits Isaan student group

Lite Beer

It was very nice of the EU to send somebody to check on a very small number of people in Khon Kaen.

Could they not afford the time and money to send the lady to anywhere else in Thailand or doesn't the rest of Thailand matter?

That implies a reasonable question: why would the EU do that? Perhaps they had a good reason.

On the other hand, they might not think going to see someone of your choosing would be very useful.

Edited by Bodene

What is the EU doing, sending over spy's? Or is a new movement for the colonial powers to move back in. What type Visa do these people have? Do they have work permits? Who do they work for? Is this a combined movement to instigate unrest?

Obviously its a wicked conspiracy to tarnish the hitherto pristine image of Thailand.

That makes sense.

"illicit items such as weapons"

Senior EU Diplomat: now boys and girls, be truthful mind, do you have any illicit items?

Students: Mai Mee Khun Sandra! (in unison)

Senior EU Diplomat: well that's jolly, jolly good then

Sounds about right.

And will be submitted in her report clipped to the large expense form claim.

Why the hell do we have to pay for a layer of EU bureaucrats living and doing who knows what in Thailand? How big is this establishment? What is their output and how do they add value to the EU, its member countries and its taxpayers?

Another wheeze dreamed up by those member countries who really want a federal Europe, with their own nation's interests top of the agenda of course.

I voted to join a common market in 1975 and still believe in the EU. But not how it's been run with huge amounts of superfluous bureaucrats, and allowing member countries for forge and lie about meeting requirements.

The political counselor of the EU, in every country, has the duty to inform the EU about the local political situation.

Based on the various reports of the political counselors, the EU defines its policies.

In the case of these students, the political counselor of the EU would have difficulties to base a report on only the junta's version of the story.

So, she went to listen the other side...

Personally I think it is a good idea.

Edited by gerry1011

"illicit items such as weapons"

Senior EU Diplomat: now boys and girls, be truthful mind, do you have any illicit items?

Students: Mai Mee Khun Sandra! (in unison)

Senior EU Diplomat: well that's jolly, jolly good then

Sounds about right.

And will be submitted in her report clipped to the large expense form claim.

Why the hell do we have to pay for a layer of EU bureaucrats living and doing who knows what in Thailand? How big is this establishment? What is their output and how do they add value to the EU, its member countries and its taxpayers?

Another wheeze dreamed up by those member countries who really want a federal Europe, with their own nation's interests top of the agenda of course.

I voted to join a common market in 1975 and still believe in the EU. But not how it's been run with huge amounts of superfluous bureaucrats, and allowing member countries for forge and lie about meeting requirements.

The political counselor of the EU, in every country, has the duty to inform the EU about the local political situation.

Based on the various reports of the political counselors, the EU defines its policies.

In the case of these students, the political counselor of the EU would have difficulties to base a report on only the junta's version of the story.

So, she went to listen the other side...

Personally I think it is a good idea.

Me too, In fact I think it's the only idea that makes any sense at all.

I can't recall anything as absurd as sending an EU 'diplomat' to check if the students had weapons.

Who on this planet is stupid enough to think this is in any way evidence that they do or do not have any ?.

Honestly, red-shirt propaganda is at the level of a child. Hands up who believes it ?.

Oops - it seems I'm wrong. Quite a lot of TVF posters hands have gone up.

"Oops - it seems I'm wrong"

Not for the first time I might add.