Man attempts suicide with his 7 year old daughter at North Pattaya Footbridge

webfact

Man attempts suicide with his 7 year old daughter at North Pattaya Footbridge

jump-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A 40 year old man attempted to throw himself off a footbridge with his 7 year old daughter on Sunday afternoon but was prevented from doing so by members of the public.

The incident occurred at a footbridge in front of Pattaya School Number 3 on the Sukhumvit Road in North Pattaya. Khun Wirat was detained by motorbike taxi drivers, who are stationed nearby who saw the event unfold. His daughter was cared for by rescue workers and she is currently being looked-after by social welfare officers.

Khun Wirat had been in Pattaya for 7 days and had come from Ayutthaya Province with his daughter, in search of his estranged wife. He eventually found her working at a Pattaya Hotel where she worked as a cleaner. Attempts were made to repair their broken relationship but they were unsuccessful.

Khun Wirat had run out of money and made his way to a local Police Station where he begged for money to pay for a bus fare back to Bangkok. The pair later boarded a minivan to Bangkok but were told to exit the vehicle in front of Pattaya School Number 3 as Khun WIrat is alleged to have struck his daughter while inside the vehicle which angered other passengers and the driver who also called the Police.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/211374/man-attempts-suicide-with-his-7-year-old-daughter-at-north-pattaya-footbridge/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-11

How Sad, and Desparate he was/is....

we all think we have problems until you read stories like this, and it makes you realise, how easy and simple our lives are...

Poor Man, its sad, saying that he should not of brought violence on to his 7 year old daughter...

How Sad, and Desparate he was/is....

we all think we have problems until you read stories like this, and it makes you realise, how easy and simple our lives are...

Poor Man, its sad, saying that he should not of brought violence on to his 7 year old daughter...

Robert...I agree, very sad.

However, from reading the report it was clearly a cry for help rather than a real attempt - as so often happens.

I say this because the taxi-drivers would have to run up the steps of the bridge and across it in time to stop him. He would have been long gone by then.

I would have given him the bus fare to Bangkok in the circumstances.

Poor guy and thank goodness for the kid.

Poor man? How sad? What's wrong with you people? He's a violent psycho who cares nothing for his daughter. No wonder the wife left this abusive monster. Trying to kill your 7-year-old daughter is the ultimate child abuse. No pity here for the man, only for the girl.

Edited by Barefoot

Poor man? How sad? What's wrong with you people? He's a violent psycho who cares nothing for his daughter. No wonder the wife left this abusive monster. Trying to kill your 7-year-old daughter is the ultimate child abuse. No pity here for the man, only for the girl.

"...the wife left this abusive monster​ ?"

What is the reason she left her 7-year-old daughter?

IMO the father was driven by desperation

Helpless poor man who tried to get his family back, but look at that selfish mother?? all she could care is her life. im not saying anything justifies taking his life or of his child, but come on, we are not on his shoes. no money to return home,, maybe no means of surviving another day without money too. and none to help.

Lost my sympathies the very second I read that he'd hit his daughter. Some people are natural born losers and nothing will ever change it. Some hard labour will do him good I believe. I see old, old Thai people every day working hard to get by, cleaning public toilets, collecting plastic, working at plantations, etc. I never see any of them comlaining, in the contrary, most of them are happy - that guy, only 40 years olf, with an abled body, should pull the finger out of his butt, stop pitying himself and work!!!!

No blame on the wife for leaving her daughter behind with him?

Why is it always the mans fault?

I had me a wife, I had me some daughters
I tried so hard; I never knew still waters
Nothing to eat and nothing to drink
Nothing for a man to do but sit around and think
Nothing for a man to do but sit around and think

Well, I'm a-thinkin' and thinkin', 'til there's nothin' I ain't thunk
Breathing in the stink 'til finally I stunk
It was at that time, I swear I lost my mind
I started making plans to kill my own kind
I started making plans to kill my own kind

"Come, little daughter," I said to the youngest one
"Put your coat on, we'll have some fun
We'll go out to mountains, the one to explore."
Her face then lit up, I was standing by the door
Her face then lit up, I was standing by the door

"Come, little daughter, I will carry the lanterns
We'll go out tonight, we'll go to the caverns
We'll go out tonight, we'll go to the caves
Kiss your mother goodnight and remember that God saves
Kiss your mother goodnight and remember that God saves."

I led her to a hole, a deep black well
I said, "Make a wish, make sure and not tell
And close your eyes, dear, and count to seven
You know your papa loves you; good children go to heaven
You know your papa loves you; good children go to heaven."

I gave her a push, I gave her a shove
I pushed with all my might, I pushed with all my love
I threw my child into a bottomless pit
She was screaming as she fell, but I never heard her hit
She was screaming as she fell, but I never heard her hit

Gather round, boys, to this tale that I tell
You wanna know how to take a short trip to Hell?
It's guaranteed to get your own place in Hell
Just take your lovely daughter and push her in the well
Take your lovely daughter and throw her in the well

Don't speak to me of lovers with a broken heart
You wanna know what can really tear you apart?
I'm going out to the barn; will I never stop in pain?
I'm going out to the barn to hang myself in shame

We don't know why his wife ran away to Pattaya, but she was probably looking for a better life away from her drunk and miserable husband. As always its the kids who will suffer the most.

...firstly.......the wife abandoned them both....

...working as a 'cleaner'............???

...as for the humanitarians/psychologists riding in the van......

...some big mouth piece(s) of sh*t(s) decided they would 'teach him'......

...teach him what....without a clue as to what he was going through....throw him in the street penniless.....

...compassion and some kind words might have worked wonders.....

...not feigned indignation.....

...wonder what goes on in their own households.....

...hypocrites....

Answers here are pointing in both directions.

The real answer is "Thainess".

Rubbish - similar $hit happens in other countries. I've certainly seen many 'family suicides' reported in the UK press. Man (not often the woman) gets suicidal and wants to wipe out the whole misery. Really very very sad and nothing to do with Thailand or Thainess.

Edit: sorry - make that "I disagree". Slipped into blogospeak for a minute there.

Edited by SantiSuk

...firstly.......the wife abandoned them both...

....working as a 'cleaner'............???

...as for the humanitarians/psychologists riding in the van......

...some big mouth piece(s) of sh*t(s) decided they would 'teach him'......

...teach him what....without a clue as to what he was going through....throw him in the street penniless.....

...compassion and some kind words might have worked wonders....

...not feigned indignation.....

...wonder what goes on in their own households.....

...hypocrites....

Firstly, how do you know his wife abandoned them?

Why should she not be working as a cleaner? And why should you query what she does for work?

Maybe compassion and kind words didn't work, were you there? I'd bet that the other passenger's indignation was not feigned.

Why do you wonder what goes on in the households of the van passengers, how is that relevant?

Who are the hypocrites and why?

What an utterly selfish swine. Everyone suffers set backs in life, but few seldom resort to killing their innocent 7 year old daughter in the process. What a disgusting individual. He deserves nothing but complete and utter contempt. I hope the young girl gets a better start in life. Poor little thing.