91-year-old Sydney man charged with importing cocaine

webfact

What customs agent would search a 91-year-old man? Unless a drug dog sniffed it out first, it sounds like he was set up.

If it was really a naive mistake, as he claims, he may have copped to it under the casual questioning you occasionally get.

"Has anyone given you anything to carry into Australia?"

"Why do you ask Son? Just these 27 cakes of soap that these bhenchods I met online asked me to bring back for some rellys."

Edited by cocopops

"Why do you ask Son? Just these 27 cakes of soap that these bhenchods I met online asked me to bring back for some rellys."

"bhen chod"! I haven't heard that in over 25 years! How do you know that word???
It's actually more like "bahen chod" (forgive the poor transliteration, I just want to point out that there's a vowel in there, and not the "bh" consonant)

I Don't really understand some of the comments here. What he did was wrong forget about his age, he should get life. As any other person would.

No it wasn't wrong . It's just some stupid laws that makes it illegal. Coke should be legal & availlable to whomever wants to use it.

Tell that to the people who fell foul of the thieving and other crimes......by those who make their living by burglary,mugging,car theft,and fuelling crime including prostitution, from addiction. And anything else to feed their habit which they can't afford the daily price of the hit.

Yes it was wrong,behind your passive ignorant acceptance is a world of criminality.

Make coke legal,you must be having a laugh! or most probably you don't have a clue! why the authorities are unlikely to ever make Coke legal!

Edited by MAJIC

Surprising this doesn't happen much more frequently, or it likely does. I had a recent health scare and there was the potential of a terminal diagnosis, which would have left loved ones in a pickle. With nothing to lose, this sort of action would be an easy way to provide for them after my departure. The only flaw in the 91 yr olds plan was he really shouldn't have been carrying himself - what an effort - the postal services are there for a reason. After getting the recent all clear, thank the lord for not putting any scheme into action. Best of luck to the 91yr old.

What customs agent would search a 91-year-old man? Unless a drug dog sniffed it out first, it sounds like he was set up.

Oh I don't know. I was leaving Australia with my two young children when two customs thugs got me up against the wall for a random frisk and feel, copped all except the glove. My kids looked on in shock and were able to grasp what it is like in a fascist country (they'd spent most of their lives in Thailand). I was leaving, not arriving, so going after some old guy doesn't surprise me at all.

What are you rambling about, he got caught with 4,5 kg of cocaine.

I Don't really understand some of the comments here. What he did was wrong forget about his age, he should get life. As any other person would.

No it wasn't wrong . It's just some stupid laws that makes it illegal. Coke should be legal & availlable to whomever wants to use it.

Tell that to the people who fell foul of the thieving and other crimes......by those who make their living by burglary,mugging,car theft,and fuelling crime including prostitution, from addiction. And anything else to feed their habit which they can't afford the daily price of the hit.

Yes it was wrong,behind your passive ignorant acceptance is a world of criminality.

Make coke legal,you must be having a laugh! or most probably you don't have a clue! why the authorities are unlikely to ever make Coke legal!

All drugs should be legal. Just driving under the influence should not be. If heroin were suddenly legal tomorrow would you be a junkie? No. The same type of person is drawn to drugs legal or not. Others don't go that route. Nothing to do with legality. Your train of thought keeps the cartels rich.

Professional?

Well maybe he did the same last 70 years.....sometimes your luck runs out.....