How Many Months Wage Slips Req

hello all this is my first post so be easy on me eh, ive just come back from bangkok after living there for about 18 months,been married about 15 months but not registered the marriage, what i wanted to know is how many months wage slips will i req and how many months bank statements will i also need, will it help me that weve been living together in thailand, just need to find a job now. oh and should i apply for a fiance visa being as we didnt register the marriage.

thank you all very much in advance

Edited by shiney

I included six months bank statements and wage slips. No questions asked so they must have been happy with this.

For you I think the issue will be to show that you have guaranteed and steady employment for the future in the UK. May be a problem if you have just got back !

Not registering the marriage is another complication. I will let others advise on best options for this as I assume your partner cannot apply as a spouse.

hello all this is my first post so be easy on me eh, ive just come back from bangkok after living there for about 18 months,been married about 15 months but not registered the marriage, what i wanted to know is how many months wage slips will i req and how many months bank statements will i also need, will it help me that weve been living together in thailand, just need to find a job now. oh and should i apply for a fiance visa being as we didnt register the marriage.

thank you all very much in advance

If we knew what country you were on about it would help a great deal....US, UK, Oz or Upper Mongolia....

As you have been out of the UK for so long, then you will not, presumably, be able to supply up to date wage slips etc. However, this will not, in itself, be a problem if you can show that you have a job, or reasonable prospects of finding one soon and sufficient financial resources to support yourselves until you do start work, either on your own or with the aid of a friend or relative.

If you have sufficient funds of your own to support and accommodate you and your wife then you will need to supply evidence of this. If someone else, e.g. a family member, is offering to support and accommodate you until you find work, then they will need to supply evidence that they can do so. See Diplomatic Service Procedures - Entry clearance Volume 1 - General instructions Chapter 9 – The maintenance and accommodation requirements.

As the ceremonial marriage is not recognised as a legal marriage by Thailand it is also not recognised by the UK. So, unless you were to return to Thailand and register the marriage at an Ampur, it is a fiance visa that she should apply for. Unless you can show that you have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least 2 years, in which case it will be an unmarried partners visa.

See Guidance - Husbands, wives and partners (INF 4) and for how to apply the application centre's website and the appropriate document checklist.