Anyone know roughly the cost of a new tyre for 2014 Isuzu pick up?

Kenny202

Really strange? Obviously got the flat sometime yesterday. Noticed it this morning in the driveway. The Tyre even when removed is flattened and compressed like it's been sitting flat for 3 months. There are cuts on the wall of the Tyre. I initially thought had been knife slashed but the 2 cuts are on the inside of the Tyre. Doesn't make sense?

Really strange? Obviously got the flat sometime yesterday. Noticed it this morning in the driveway. The Tyre even when removed is flattened and compressed like it's been sitting flat for 3 months. There are cuts on the wall of the Tyre. I initially thought had been knife slashed but the 2 cuts are on the inside of the Tyre. Doesn't make sense?

The cuts probably mean that the tire isn't repairable - or that you wouldn't want to even if it was.

I would never recommend running a single odd tire on a car - if you're going to mix and match, at least make it a whole front or rear pair.

What's the spare like?

Edited by IMHO

Sheesus!

I guess that sounds expensive to you then :)

If you need a full set, usually you'll get 4 for the price of 3. If it's just one that damaged, perhaps it's repairable?

I think the wall of the Tyre is cut. I might be able to get them to put the brand new spare on the alloy rim and get the cheaper brand tyre put on the spare rim

Sheesus!

I guess that sounds expensive to you then smile.png

If you need a full set, usually you'll get 4 for the price of 3. If it's just one that damaged, perhaps it's repairable?

I think the wall of the Tyre is cut. I might be able to get them to put the brand new spare on the alloy rim and get the cheaper brand tyre put on the spare rim

That's the best option, so long as the other 3 tires don't have too much mileage/wear.

That sounds like the type of cut you get if you hit an object such as a pothole. It actually splits the tire rather than cutting it but it looks like a cut.

Sheesus!

I guess that sounds expensive to you then :)

g

Don' mess around with tyres do it right stop making your number 1 objective to go for the cheapest. And make sure they are speed compatible to your intended top speeds. They should have a speed rating on the rim. The main problem with tyres in Thailand is they are not steel rimmed like the western ones.

Sheesus!

I guess that sounds expensive to you then smile.png

Ohhh !! you got it !

Thats usually what is done, put the spare one on !!