Senior Thai citizens seek more care from younger generation

webfact

Senior Thai citizens seek more care from younger generation

BANGKOK, 13 August 2015, (NNT) -The Ban Bang Khae Social Welfare Development Center for Older Persons, has implored Thais to visit their older relatives more often, especially on special occasions such as Mother's Day. The center points out that the nation is fast becoming a society of older people.

The Director of the Center indicated that the number of neglected senior citizens admitted to the center increases at a rate of 50 people per year. One-third of them are females. The Director attributed the rise to the current attitude of Thai society that focuses on self reliance.

The Center officials urged all to take care of their parents, specifically asking relatives of those who are admitted to the center to visit them on special occasions such as Mother's Day and New Year.

One of the elderly people staying in the center stated that she accepts that members of Thai society nowadays are becoming more and more isolated. However she urged the younger generation not to neglect the old ones, saying all she and her peers want is to meet relatives once in awhile.

Another Ban Bang Khae resident said the center provides various activities for its occupants, helping them to relieve stress.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-13 footer_n.gif

My grandmother, wanted the same so did my grandfather. Its the same all over the world young children don't always like to visit their grandparents. Now I wish I had done so more often.

Some want it, true. For me, I want them to come more often...to clean the windows, do the ironing, leave ready-made food for the microwave, do the garden, update the software ( preferably when I am out).

My grandmother, wanted the same so did my grandfather. Its the same all over the world young children don't always like to visit their grandparents. Now I wish I had done so more often.

Some want it, true. For me, I want them to come more often...to clean the windows, do the ironing, leave ready-made food for the microwave, do the garden, update the software ( preferably when I am out).

That was not what i was talking about but hey to each his or her own.

Heheeee you all are so lucky. My step father came at me with an axe today because at 74 and rotting away he feels a foreigner just can't do anything right. ( his way or Thai way) and got angry at me for standing my ground. Needless to say, today will be my last time ever to go there

In this fast changing world the folks of today have little time for themselves , possibly because they have brought it on themselves , heaven forbid if they would just put down those Ipods , smart phones , notebooks , forget about twitter , Facebook , and all those media outlets, forget about those terrible soaps , go on , go and see grandmother & grandad. the problem is you get into a big bad rut and it is easier to send a photo on Facebook of fido and the ankle biter to Grandad & Grandmom than getting off the lazy butt and driving 8 hrs. coffee1.gif

Most young people are trying to work to pay for shelter and food to eat. If old people are not helping them financially, then sad to say but they should not be complaining young people don't visit them.

I find these state issued directives completely cold hearted. Provide some kind of welfare for old people and parents and them maybe working age people might be able to find the time.

Part of the problem is that it isn't "just a Visit" that the old folks want. When we visit my wifes folks her uncles and sisters are always there asking my wife for money. Last time her uncle was waiting outside the toilet to tell her his tale of woe. Her sisters wanted to borrow money against her fathers house, her father gave my wife the deeds to bring home so that the sisters couldn't borrow against them. When we go to visit we always take a pickup load of stuff, if my family situation had been like that I wouldn't have visited very often either.

don't they all live together happely, or so they want you to believe in this individualistic society...

mom in law complained that taking care of her mom was a lot of work ... mind, the woman has her own nurse, mom in law has her own driver ... she does not work, only visited once and a while

she & her brothers & sisters are happy now that their mom is dead, she was in the hospital the last couple of months and the bills piled up ...

problem solved

thainess...

Heheeee you all are so lucky. My step father came at me with an axe today because at 74 and rotting away he feels a foreigner just can't do anything right. ( his way or Thai way) and got angry at me for standing my ground. Needless to say, today will be my last time ever to go there

I hope you took it away from him and waved your finger back & forth in his face "Don't do this again"coffee1.gif

Most young people are trying to work to pay for shelter and food to eat. If old people are not helping them financially, then sad to say but they should not be complaining young people don't visit them.

I find these state issued directives completely cold hearted. Provide some kind of welfare for old people and parents and them maybe working age people might be able to find the time.

A Social Security system lke the Western world?? - I hope not, would just be another entity to steal from...........coffee1.gif