Ubon Ratchathani Airport Taxi

Fatdog

I was there about 3 weeks ago and they were waiting outside (again) but that situation seems to change???

Ubon > Surin . Maybe 1500>1800b.

Were there any inside at that time? I sometimes see them outside, but because the inside area is full with taxis.

I don't recall seeing taxis ONLY outside for a while now.

I was there about 3 weeks ago and they were waiting outside (again) but that situation seems to change???

Ubon > Surin . Maybe 1500>1800b.

Were there any inside at that time? I sometimes see them outside, but because the inside area is full with taxis.

I don't recall seeing taxis ONLY outside for a while now.

Taxi"s were dropping off but don't remember seeing any parked as it was so busy/full (the parking areas)

Cars can be booked (includes show up and go) at the couple of booths just outside the temporary (post fire last year) departures.

They used to post prices on their booth and may still do, but check with them in any event. Price to Mukdahan in 2010 was about 1,500 baht from memory. Both Surin and Mukdahan are about 170km from Ubon (about 2.5 hours drive), so I think that Dilligad's estimate is a good one.

Taxi mafia still in effect. Walk out of the airport, and look straight across the parking lot. The street running parallel to the front of the Terminal has taxis that use meters. The guys waiting at the curb just in front of the Terminal sidewalk are mafia.

Been here two years. Where do people come up with this stuff?

blink.png

I pay around 700 down south to Det Udom and 10 km further , they work the rate at about 12 bhat per kilometer. ( It used to be 10 bhat per km). That is from the 2 booths . Taxi meter was about 100 bhat cheaper last time but that was given as a tip for the driver . They will pick you up and take you to the airport too . I have only experienced one no show .

• 1 year later...

Last post here is from August 2015, and there seems to be mixed messages about the taxi situation at Ubon airport. Does anyone have a recent update? We're arriving tomorrow afternoon, with my daughter and family in tow. We will get picked up by FiL, but family are staying in a hotel and will need a taxi. Obviously a metered taxi is preferable to the 'limousine' service. So are they still allowed to pick up inside the airport? Anyone know?

Yupp, they're still picking up within the airport. However, upon leaving the airport, you will get hustled by the "limousine" drivers. Just ignore them. When you exit the building, turn right and they're about 30m away waiting for passengers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NiwPix said:

Yupp, they're still picking up within the airport. However, upon leaving the airport, you will get hustled by the "limousine" drivers. Just ignore them. When you exit the building, turn right and they're about 30m away waiting for passengers.

Thanks. That's what I needed to know. :thumbsup:

Quick edit to say that you'll be seeing us at Peppers - best meat pies in SE Asia, I reckon! :clap2:

Edited by nisakiman

• 8 months later...
41 minutes ago, EcigAmateur said:

hello, so what is the best price without fighting, from ubon airport mukdahan border ? thank you.

Turn right when leaving the terminal and walk to the taxi stand at the end of the building.

The meter taxis have fixed rates to cities in bordering provinces.

You could also take a taxi to the main bus station and get a bus or van to Mukdahan. Then you could then get the bus to Savannakhet at the bus station in Mukdahan.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Turn right when leaving the terminal and walk to the taxi stand at the end of the building.

The meter taxis have fixed rates to cities in bordering provinces.

You could also take a taxi to the main bus station and get a bus or van to Mukdahan. Then you could then get the bus to Savannakhet at the bus station in Mukdahan.

Any idea on how much it is from Ubon to Mukdahan for 4 people. I'm contemplating renting a car and i have drove in Thailand before,mostly from Patts to Bkk  and around Samui and i can't say i really enjoyed it and that was without my 2 kids in the car. The rental will cost approx 240 Euros for a week or so but it might end up sitting in the sisters garden for most of the week. 

The Wife's cousin will collect us in his pick and he is a safe driver and i know from experience that he does never drink and drive but it has  no seat belts in the back and it usually always has a few stragglers in the back which i always think is a distraction for the driver. I usually throw him 1500 each way for the journey. 

Having looked at Google street view the roads seem better from Ubon to Mukdahan than they did the last time i went this way in 2012. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, irishken said:

Can anyone tell me if the taxis at the airport are just normal sized cars or do they have any SUV's like in bkk. Their will be four of us and we will have a few bags and a pram so need something bigger than a regular car. 

Nothing as big as a SUV. There are few that have a bigger trunk.

There are companies other than meter taxis that use vans for a fixed price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Nothing as big as a SUV. There are few that have a bigger trunk.

There are companies other than meter taxis that use vans for a fixed price.

Thanks. 

the wife has a number for a taxi company in Ubon  so I might ask her to ring them again, I think you pay a 20 or 40 baht  fee to them for some reason for which I'm not too sure why. 

Other than that I'll just decide when we get there. 

1 minute ago, irishken said:

the wife has a number for a taxi company in Ubon  so I might ask her to ring them again, I think you pay a 20 or 40 baht  fee to them for some reason for which I'm not too sure why. 

The meter taxi companies charge a 20 baht fee for a a call out. 

If you turn left when leaving the arrivals part of the terminal there are desks for the vans.

• Like 1