Demolition of 60 Sukhumvit beer bars: Chuwit's fate known today

webfact

Why, in mentioning this atrocity, does everyone only talk about beer bars? This was a thriving tourism centre of craft shops with artisans working right on the spot (and who lost everything to this hideous creature). There were clothing shops, salons, gift shops and so on. Chuwot's actions on that night were those of a total scumbag. Yet many of you readers love him!!! Why? He was a pimp, a tout, an acknowledged briber of police and is, by this action, clearly not a man of the people.

The evicted get no compensation, and what happened to the land afterwards?

The 'evicted' were compensated by Chuwit - also amongst other mis-information posted - there were not '60 beer bars', maybe 60 vendors ..probably about 6 beer bars.

Chuwit is the owner of several 5 star hotels and sold his massage parlours to a 'uniformed' person years ago to enter politics

Speaking of misinformation ... you are guilty. Fact: Some - repeat "some" - compensation was paid to SOME people. Not everyone was compensated (I know this for a fact), while the payout Chuwit made was way below the acceptable (again I know this for a fact).

"... probably six beer bars ..." You clearly did not go anywhere near this place, did you! The island-bar area on the left alone had 10 bars.

"... owner of several 5-star hotels ...." -- oh dear! You have wandered into the wrong thread, haven't you!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is worth mentioning that, apart from beer bars, a number of other small businesses were in the Sukhumvit Square area. When the rented army mob demolished everything (except the spirit house) one Sunday morning, hundreds of mostly very poor Thai workers (sometimes their families' only source of support) were rendered unemployed. Small business owners with their entire life savings invested became immediately destitute. Chuwit's remorse may be genuine, but his crime was disgusting.

It's also worth mentioning that the people with shops there had been given an eviction notice more than 6 months prior with December being the hard deadline to move out or be forcibly removed. Many (including my hairdresser) moved their shops elsewhere but others chose to ignore the eviction notice and keep their bars and shops open anyway.

Why, in mentioning this atrocity, does everyone only talk about beer bars? This was a thriving tourism centre of craft shops with artisans working right on the spot (and who lost everything to this hideous creature). There were clothing shops, salons, gift shops and so on. Chuwot's actions on that night were those of a total scumbag. Yet many of you readers love him!!! Why? He was a pimp, a tout, an acknowledged briber of police and is, by this action, clearly not a man of the people.

The 'evicted' were compensated by Chuwit - also amongst other mis-information posted - there were not '60 beer bars', maybe 60 vendors ..probably about 6 beer bars.

Chuwit is the owner of several 5 star hotels and sold his massage parlours to a 'uniformed' person years ago to enter politics

Speaking of misinformation ... you are guilty. Fact: Some - repeat "some" - compensation was paid to SOME people. Not everyone was compensated (I know this for a fact), while the payout Chuwit made was way below the acceptable (again I know this for a fact).

"... probably six beer bars ..." You clearly did not go anywhere near this place, did you! The island-bar area on the left alone had 10 bars.

"... owner of several 5-star hotels ...." -- oh dear! You have wandered into the wrong thread, haven't you!

This drivel is why I rarely post on ThaiVisa.

I have lived within 'wandering' distance of soi 10 for 20 years.

Chuwit is a poacher turned gamekeeper. Respect to the guys whose businesses were ploughed up by Chuwit and his army thugs, but the sight of him on the TV scrapping with Suthep's thugs and trying to cast his vote in last Februaries forlorn attempt to maintain democracy and prevent a coup, was impressive. He is, at least an independent thinker.

Chuwit is a poacher turned gamekeeper. Respect to the guys whose businesses were ploughed up by Chuwit and his army thugs, but the sight of him on the TV scrapping with Suthep's thugs and trying to cast his vote in last Februaries forlorn attempt to maintain democracy and prevent a coup, was impressive. He is, at least an independent thinker.

He deserves gaol. Let him think about all the lives he's destroyed while there.

This drivel is why I rarely post on ThaiVisa.

I have lived within 'wandering' distance of soi 10 for 20 years.

Drivel? I was partly involved in the construction of the island bars. Closest bars to the corner of Soi 10. Which I have been going past for 26 years (if you wish to play this puerile game).

Please continue to "rarely post" as you need to conserve your eyesight.

It's common knowledge and a matter of fact that Chuwit owns one of the largest massage parlour empires in Bangkok and has done so for many many years.

Chuwit sold his massage empire just before entering politics. That was probably around 2003/2004.

sold them to his wife and family? same as Herr Thaksin???

With Chuwit opening up on all shenanigans around managing such places and how vto deal with the police and so, I doubt he sold his empire to relatives. At least not to relatives he likes.