Govt Warns Agains Libido Spray

george

Internet shopping :FDA warns against buying aphrodisiac spray on Web

BANGKOK: -- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned yesterday against ordering an aphrodisiac spray over the Internet after it was found to have fatal side-effects if used wrongly.

The Customs Department recently informed the FDA about the latest confiscation of a spray branded as dangerous in the United States, where it is no longer produced or distributed, said FDA secretary-general Phakdi Phothisiri.

The spray comes in a 550millilitre bottle under the brands "Rush" and "Blue Boy". Labels indicate the spray is for inhalation and contains n-butyl nitrite and isobutyl nitrite.

It was advertised as being effective in stimulating libido, Phakdi said. "This could lead to the misuse of the spray, such as using it together with other stimulants," he said. "To do so could lead to the risk of death."

The FDA learned from the US consumer-safety agency that this type of drug could no longer be produced and distributed in the United States, but there was still some illegal trade in this dangerous product, said Phakdi.

--The Nation 2006-09-23

A friend of mine used to like that Rush crap when it's sale was still allowed. His bottle opened in his back pocket while sitting in my car and all 5 passengers faces turned bright red and we all got dizzy .I promptly pulled over which drew a policeman's attention. You should have seen how red his face was when he took a peek inside the car and got a whiff of it when he detected the smell :o The now empty bottle was seized and the 6 of us did not have the urge to undress :D

Edited by Tony Clifton

Rush--------Dunno if it can be directly fatal. It was availablee in sexshops worldwide (and last time I heard was a class A in Thailand)...........think! glue sniffing/ paint stripper. Definatly potentially fatal if you are behind the wheel...........and from what I've heard kills brain cells. It is a common cheap street rush for teenagers.