Is it possible to buy a motorcycle in Thailand with tourist visa and export it?

rizwanshawan

You have to have a Certificate of Residence from the local Thai Immigration office. You must take information as to where you reside in Thailand, Hotel Manager letter, Landlord rent agreement - something to substantiate where you are staying. Some Immigration offices may not require documents - but you must have the exact address of where you are staying... name of the place, manager or landlord, phone number.

There should be no fee... but they might want a 'tip'

You have to buy insurance - most often it is 'bundled' with the motorcycle.

You will have to pay cash. Non Thais do not get bank loans.

Good Luck with the rest of your plans

No need for a shipping container, it is 2-3 days ride from Thailand to Bangladesh.

Yes you can buy it here on tourist visa and as said you'd have to pay cash. And I don't see any issues with taking it out of Thailand, I don't know Burmese transit laws but should be no issue there either. Then you'd have to deal with Bangladeshi customs when you arrive there and I think that might be the biggest hussle.

However I'd have to ask: why buy here when they're available in Bangladesh? I've been working there for a year so I know that. Are they so much more expensive locally that you'd go into all the troubles importing one?

If I would import anything, it would be something larger than 150cc since that is all you can get in Bangladesh. Why not the R3 so you can stand out from the crowd?

I have bought a scooter on a tourist visa several times. I got a certificate of residence using a

hotel in Phuket once and my condo rental agreement once. No trouble buying the bikes but

no idea about shipping to Bangladesh. Best of luck.

Edited by Ulic

there is a company in Bangkok called Bangkok bike finder, the owner is called Tommy Price, he is a friend of mine on Facebook, though we have never met, however he posted yesterday that he had sold 2 motorbikes to a couple of guys from Pakistan and he was helping them export them to Karachi

Edited by brianj1964

You can buy it in Thailand unregistered on any visa.

You will need the Motorbike store to get an export license for it to leave Thailand. They know how to do this. Takes at least 7 days. Costs about 1000 baht for a single bike.

If you buy 20 or more the dealer will pay for you.

You will need an import license into your own country to get it into Bangladesh. Very important and you need to know the duties to be paid there.

You will not be able to transit it through Myanmar legally without permission so will have to ship it from Bangkok.

You may find these costs make in unviable with low volume.

You also need to make sure you can get spare parts which is why having a connection with an authorised dealer is good.

I import motorbikes into Myanmar. I buy through an authorised dealer and import into Myanmar overland these are the steps.

No need for a shipping container, it is 2-3 days ride from Thailand to Bangladesh.

Yes you can buy it here on tourist visa and as said you'd have to pay cash. And I don't see any issues with taking it out of Thailand, I don't know Burmese transit laws but should be no issue there either. Then you'd have to deal with Bangladeshi customs when you arrive there and I think that might be the biggest hussle.

However I'd have to ask: why buy here when they're available in Bangladesh? I've been working there for a year so I know that. Are they so much more expensive locally that you'd go into all the troubles importing one?

If I would import anything, it would be something larger than 150cc since that is all you can get in Bangladesh. Why not the R3 so you can stand out from the crowd?

They are available in Bangladesh but, not the same colors and quality like Thailand.

And, Bangladesh has CC boring limitation to 150cc only. So, I could not go for R3.

You can buy it in Thailand unregistered on any visa.

You will need the Motorbike store to get an export license for it to leave Thailand. They know how to do this. Takes at least 7 days. Costs about 1000 baht for a single bike.

If you buy 20 or more the dealer will pay for you.

You will need an import license into your own country to get it into Bangladesh. Very important and you need to know the duties to be paid there.

You will not be able to transit it through Myanmar legally without permission so will have to ship it from Bangkok.

You may find these costs make in unviable with low volume.

You also need to make sure you can get spare parts which is why having a connection with an authorised dealer is good.

I import motorbikes into Myanmar. I buy through an authorised dealer and import into Myanmar overland these are the steps.

How can I contact with a dealer? Could you please give me any contact way of any dealer?