Non-imm-b

NON_IMMIGRANT “B” VISA -1 ENTRY

ISSUED –CANADA: JAN 9 / 04

EXPIRY: APR 9 /04

ENTERED THAILAND: MARCH 14/04

Started work on: MARCH 24/04

I am confused… The visa’s expiry date is Apr. 9, 2004. I seem to remember the staff (Thai embassy in Canada) telling me the expiry date meant that since it was issued on Jan. 9, I then had until Apr. 9 (90 days) to enter Thailand.

When I applied, they were given a copy of my work contract (1-year) from the school here where I am now working (paid in cash monthly).

I still haven’t heard from the school management about them applying for my work permit (and visa extension?), teacher’s license. (have degree and TESOL certificate).

They DO NOT yet have a copy of the visa, although, they had previously received a copy of my passport and degree transcript.

My contract also mentions that I am on probation for 120 days (first day at work was MARCH 24)

I will try and get more information from them in the coming week. My Thai GF has to translate for me when I need to communicate with the school management. They can speak some English but not enough to discuss details like these. They seemed to be good and honest people, took us both out for dinner on my 2nd day in LOS (sort of a 2nd interview, I had met them and been interviewed previously, about year ago).

What do you think?

PENZMAN :o

Thanks for your help dr. Pong! :D

Feeling better now that I know my visa is valid until June 14th. :D

I will do some pushing next week. I don't think they will mess around with it.

As for the multiple entries, I have to admit that it was a bit of a gamble, did not give it much thought when I applied. I was so darn busy with work, getting rid of my useless stuff, closing accounts, bills,etc. Man..should have seen my agenda the last couple of months before leaving...worst stress I've ever felt... :o

PENZMAN