Pattaya to see lower night-time water pressure during drought

Rimmer

Pattaya to see lower night-time water pressure during drought

PATTAYA:--The Provincial Waterworks Authority will lower water pressure during overnight hours to help conserve water.

At an Aug. 3 meeting at City Hall, Banglamung District Chief Chakorn Kanjawattana welcomed a representative from the Royal Irrigation Department Office 9 who said that the Mabprachan Reservoir had 4.7 million cu. meters of water while Saknok Lake has 1.1 million cu. meters.

The reservoir at Nong Koh had 1.5 million cu. meters, Klang Dong Lake 5.6 million cu. meters, Huay Sapan 2.3 million cu. meters and Huay Khunjit 2.4 million cu. meters.

That adds up to 17.6 million cubic meters and is not likely to last throughout through December without additional rainfall, he said.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-to-see-lower-night-time-water-pressure-during-drought-50201#sthash.rWiikZQ7.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-08-14 footer_n.gif

Can some enlightened soul please explain how reducing the water pressure will save water. I am somewhat confused.

As a supplementary question.... Why will doing this at a time when most people sleep make any perceivable difference to water consumption?

Only the other week they were saying there was no problems , funny that ,surely the people in charge always tell the truth

No one knows the truth and should better not have said "no problem".

How much rain (if any) will come?

The global forecast is very bad (strongest El Nino since decades, expected to last until March 2016).

Reducing pressure to save water?

This is indeed not likely to save much because the big consumers (hotels, condos etc.) buffer their water in big tanks anyway and have their own pumps (as I would recommend for anyone who wants reliable water supply).

As long as the tanks are filled up in a 24h period there will be no savings.

It would require the unthinkable: not only ask locals but also tourists to spend water in a responsable way.

But they won't do, as it might shy away the tourists.

I don't know what water costs in Pattaya. Here in upcountry it is ridicolously cheap (5 Baht per cubic meter).

Progressive price scales would have a better effect than appeals whistling.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

Does Thailand sleep at night heck no lol water pressure turned down to educate the I wanna shower before I sleep and in the morning brigade but affects me at night no get wet inside not out unless we get a regular 1 to 2 hour shower or downpour if that a better word.