Navy broadens probe into illegal Phuket land excavation site

webfact

Navy broadens probe into illegal Phuket land excavation site
The Phuket News

1439531949_1-org.jpg
Any officials found involved in or complicit in allowing the excavation operation to operate may face malfeasance charges, said Phuket Vice Governor Suthee Thongyam. Photo: Royal Thai Navy

PHUKET: -- An investigation headed by the Royal Thai Navy into an illegal excavation business in Mai Khao, in northern Phuket, has been widened to reveal if any officials were involved in the illicit operation.

Royal Thai Navy personnel raided the site, in Moo 4, immediately north of Phuket International Airport, on July 29. At the scene, officers found earthworks deemed illegal underway at the 9,000-square-metre site.

“We found eight drivers with eight trucks. One person got away in a car,” said Lt Sompop Kamkana, who led the naval security force on the raid.

Following the raid, Lt Sompop reported that Sarawut Seesakukam, president of the Mai Khao Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor), had admitted that he owned the business.

However, Mr Sarawut said that he could not present himself for questioning as he was “in another province”. (See story here.)

Yet today (August 14), Mr Sarawut told The Phuket News that he was aware of the operation, but denied any involvement in the company.

Regardless, Vice Phuket Governor Suthee Thongyam told The Phuket News that any persons involved with this business will be investigated.

“Also, any officials found to be directly involved or complicit in their duty in allowing this business to operate may face malfeasance charges,” he added.

Investigators are digging deep into the history of the excavation operation, V/Gov Suthee noted, adding that Mai Khao OrBorTor issued a permit on April 23 for Industry and Rubber Estate Co Ltd to conduct excavations at the site, but the permit expired on July 21.

“We checking with other offices, including the Forestry Office and the Industry Office in Phuket, for basic information. They will check whether the operator even had the right to conduct an excavation business at that site,” he said.

“We are also checking all the relevant laws concerned with this case. If any more laws are found to have been broken, the leading investigator will add more charges to them.”

Lt Sompop explained that all relevant government agencies involved in investigation must report their findings to police by order of the Phuket Provincial Office.

“All information must be handed over to the investigating officer at the Tha Chatchai Police. It is their duty to investigate all sources,” he said.

“Although local police are conducting the investigation, we, the Royal Thai Navy, are keeping a close on on this case,” Lt Sompop added.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/navy-broadens-probe-into-illegal-phuket-land-excavation-site-53639.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-14

“Although local police are conducting the investigation, we, the Royal Thai Navy, are keeping a close on on this case,” Lt Sompop added."

You don't want the cops getting a piece of the action before you, now do you Sompop.

I'd love to see an investigation into the finances of every OrBorTor on Phuket. Follow the money. They're all bent.

I can't believe the one up at Surin beach isn't in the monkey house after selling that beach off. He's still running the beach and dragging his feet getting the last of the ordered encroaching businesses torn down.

“At the scene, officers found earthworks deemed illegal underway at the 9,000-square-metre site.”

How were they deemed illegal?

A permit was issued on April 23 to allow excavations at the site. That would seem to make the operation legal. Sure the permit expired July 21st but that is just a civil procedural matter, not a criminal matter. There may even be extenuating circumstances by the province delaying a permit extension but still allowing excavation to continue.

Too often the military seems to be "shooting first and asking questions later" when it comes to civil matters.

may be someone can put it straight .... but why on earth are the royal thai navy involved in this ....... what am i missing here ..... or are they just pissed because they lost there 3 sub's .....T.I.T ...... never fails to amaze me ....... and W.T.F .... is that i read about foam cut out keys on cars ..... 2.000....... fine ...and they say ..... move forward thailand .....they just dont get it do they .......whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

may be someone can put it straight .... but why on earth are the royal thai navy involved in this ....... what am i missing here ..... or are they just pissed because they lost there 3 sub's .....T.I.T ...... never fails to amaze me ....... and W.T.F .... is that i read about foam cut out keys on cars ..... 2.000....... fine ...and they say ..... move forward thailand .....they just dont get it do they .......whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Clearly you have never read that the military are in control of all Thailand (political & judicial). Just so happens that the navy are the lead military group here in Phuket

Clearly you have never read that the military are in control of all Thailand (political & judicial). Just so happens that the navy are the lead military group here in Phuket

my friend ... i have infact lived here for the last 12/14 years .... and this the second army coup that i have seen .....so clearly i do understand ..... ok .... if i had lived in that shit hole like phuket then i would have know then i wouldn't have asked .......

ohhhh then i guse you know the answer about the foam cut out keys as well lol .......coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

my friend ... i have infact lived here for the last 12/14 years .... and this the second army coup that i have seen .....so clearly i do understand ..... ok .... if i had lived in that shit hole like phuket then i would have know then i wouldn't have asked .......

ohhhh then i guse you know the answer about the foam cut out keys as well lol .......coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Welcome to TV.com ND your going to fit in very well.