Photo Printing On Canvas

Greenside

I've been asked about this several times this year and thanks to Khun Pop of PhotoBug, here is the shop that will inkjet your picture onto canvas and mount it for you.

Google Maps seems to have gone down the drain recently so I can't add it to my map or give you the GPS but it's the big framing shop on the corner, opposite Nong Buak Park where the fruit vendors line up in season. Imagine heading for Airport Plaza on the south side of the moat, it's just on the left past the last opportunity to U-Turn.

i-Bsb2WmW.jpg

Don't have inforamtion about prices or quality - perhaps someone who uses the place can add some details. Hope this helps.

** Could some kind Mod please correct my typo in the thread title or a search will never find it ***

Edited by Greenside

They don't seem to publish a price list for printing on canvas but I was told that the smallest size is 16 x 22 inches and that's intended to wrap around a block style mount giving a finished size of 12 x 18 - that's more or less the full frame aspect ratio of an SLR type camera. Their price for this size was quoted as 400 baht.

• 3 weeks later...

They don't seem to publish a price list for printing on canvas but I was told that the smallest size is 16 x 22 inches and that's intended to wrap around a block style mount giving a finished size of 12 x 18 - that's more or less the full frame aspect ratio of an SLR type camera. Their price for this size was quoted as 400 baht.

The 400 baht was for the print only, or stretched on the mount? Thanks for posting this.

Following the lead of Greenside, I visited the place across the moat from Saen Pung Gate, and was pleased with the service.

When I dropped off my work, someone who spoke fluent English fielded all my questions, and translated my requests to a technician.

I gave them a difficult file to work with, so I could get an idea of how accurately they translated from my working environment to theirs.

I'm attaching a small version of that file to this post, along with the price list they have taped to the computer work station desk. It's the only price list they have.

The large black border around the image was to accommodate the extra area required to wrap the canvas around a sturdy wooden frame.

post-91669-0-94886600-1442218956_thumb.jpost-91669-0-53849800-1442218977_thumb.j

I was in this shop just last Friday, I bought a total of 21 frames...all sizes from 12" X 15" down to 4" X 6"

I sent the pictures I wanted framed by email this morning along with which fame sizes I want each photo to go into.

So you know..... they can print your photo from a SD card or memory stick, but can print out no smaller than 8" X 10", (if you want theses framed you will need to get the print done elsewhere and give them to frame)

As for the canvas style, (no glass) same price as normal photos. You just pick one or the other.

To give you some idea of cost, (sorry I'm not going to list out all the frame sizes)..... 21 frames and printing of 13 photos, (I'm bring the smaller photos, 8) and the framing of all 21 items with hanging wire fitted a total of 4900 Baht.