Chiang Mai Immigration On-line Queue Survey

Tywais

Chiang Mai Immigration On-line Queue Survey   

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you have been using the queue sense it's inception, you may consider, IMHO, that various commercial

Visa agencies have attempted to co-op the queue for there paid clients and that this action has

corrupted and destroyed the queue system. IMHO, of course.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the number one reason I am ok with not renewing my extension this year and find a nicer place to be.
I can tolerate some things, but the extension of stay CF at immigration is not one.

I would even enjoy a trip up to CR if I could do my extension there... but the Flintstones haven't figured out yet that Thailand is all over Thailand and if you have and extension of stay in Thailand you can go to any immigration office in THAILAND!

When are immigration going going to realize this is making people many people leave Thailand!

I would even be willing to pay a service fee of say 100 baht to be able to book online. That way they can raise funds to cover the salary of an additional staff member.

It is getting the point that the abuse put onto users of C.M Immigration is increasing my serious consideration of leaving Thailand.

Edited by Nowisee

Last friday did my first 90 days at Promenada. I was going to do it by mail but Murphy was around so it didn't happen. Well, what the heck anyways. You are already a week overdue and still don't have your reporting approved by mail, so you 'must' actually visit Imm to have confirmation or risking to be an outlaw.

At airport imm you could walk in at three and get out at least at 4 pm. Now what? Went there two times and got the '90 days full' piece a paper shown.

So there was actually no other choice to show up early in the morning and get my lottery ticket.

Amazing, they do about 25 reportings an hour with two people at the desk. Not that bad, but I believe time is wasted with announcing and people walking in and clearing and some resting minutes in between. Yeah, it's a cool place these days.

In the morning I got my number, I asked when my number would be called. Oh..10:30. Well, went home and being back had to wait another hour as a dog outside the house.

Humiliating procedure.

BTW, I tried to communicate with one of the ladies, but she must have been on medication as all I said went in and out. Well, to be fair, she aswered one question.

"When you think my record will be programmed so I can do the 90 days online? "Answer was "Internet system no good. Forget it." Well same as queue system then.

Sorry for long story, just had it.

Thailand is for Thais. The others can go to hell.

Agree/disagree?

Any other options?

My katoey g/f will cry a lot if I depart LOS.

If you qualify for a (multiple entry) non-O visa you can do border runs every 90 days. No need to ever visit the immigration office at Promenada.

Yes, it might cost more but if you like some traveling now and then it might be the better option.

It is absolutely useless sitting behind a keyboard and venting frustrations at the Chiangmai Immigration office here on ThaiVisa. You have to call the government's complaints line on 111 and tell them exactly what the problem is. My wife has done it and they have followed up.

We were actually asked to complain by an immigration person about the conditions at the old office, getting rid of the RTP element from imigration and the intermittent online queue and ineffective 90-day 'systems'.

The more who do it the more they will be forced to take some action and if it hits the media then there would certainly be some action.

Bob A. Relaxed in Lampang

Has anyone gone to Promenda in the past week WITH a online que date and time (made online weeks ago) and been accepted ?

When I w ent you had to go inside and show your online queue card as they were not calling online appointments, as I assumed they can not access the online queue.

And Bob's your uncle.

Supposed I cannot make my wife understand the whole problem as she does not speak English for example. My Thai is insufficient as well.

Anyway, if I would phone Imm I would probably be sent into the bushes, so I vent here and Imm is certainly watching TV.

Thanks for taking the lead on this. It's pretty obvious how important this service was to most of us with yearly extensions, especially folks who live outside of Chiang Mai Province, and yet have to drive to Chiang Mai to do their extensions. That last thing I want to do is drive 140 km just to find out that all the available queues are already taken.

Last friday did my first 90 days at Promenada. I was going to do it by mail but Murphy was around so it didn't happen. Well, what the heck anyways. You are already a week overdue and still don't have your reporting approved by mail, so you 'must' actually visit Imm to have confirmation or risking to be an outlaw.

At airport imm you could walk in at three and get out at least at 4 pm. Now what? Went there two times and got the '90 days full' piece a paper shown.

So there was actually no other choice to show up early in the morning and get my lottery ticket.

Amazing, they do about 25 reportings an hour with two people at the desk. Not that bad, but I believe time is wasted with announcing and people walking in and clearing and some resting minutes in between. Yeah, it's a cool place these days.

In the morning I got my number, I asked when my number would be called. Oh..10:30. Well, went home and being back had to wait another hour as a dog outside the house.

Humiliating procedure.

BTW, I tried to communicate with one of the ladies, but she must have been on medication as all I said went in and out. Well, to be fair, she aswered one question.

"When you think my record will be programmed so I can do the 90 days online? "Answer was "Internet system no good. Forget it." Well same as queue system then.

Sorry for long story, just had it.

Thanks for your in depth report we need more of them. Possibly they could put in a large suggestion box for.... but then maybe not a good idea. It would only damage our cause more. Hopefully the person that dreamt up nightmare wakes up.

31% did not take the survey? Come on people do your little bit to improve the system. A few people cannot do all the lifting for the many here.

Remember, some may not be using the CM office who are viewing this topic. A question was added after this topic to include those using other offices so maybe if they are aware they may do the survey. Perhaps when it gets out in the newsletter a broader spectrum will be doing it.

10. If the Immigration office in your province doesn't offer an online queue system would you like to have it?

I'm envisioning 300-500 farangs showing up in front of CM Immigration one day (maybe multiple days) with signs protesting the treatment, process, procedures...whatever and showing solidarity to our problem.
This would surely make the news in CM and probably national news and give Immigration in BKK a little bit more pressure.
If something like that is illegal or suggesting it is illegal (which I am not smile.png)
Doing it another legal way would certainly gain support from most of the farang in CM that are being negatively impacted by these stupid long lines and wait times.

More YouTube videos, more blog posts more more more social media attention to this problem.
It's so clear there is a problem there.
2 years ago it was pretty easy for me... maybe all of 3-4 hours without a ridiculous 5am start time... Last years was stupid at 5:15am and I finished at 4pm.
It should NOT be like this. They need to fix it.

Edited by Nowisee

Has anyone gone to Promenda in the past week WITH a online que date and time (made online weeks ago) and been accepted ?

When I w ent you had to go inside and show your online queue card as they were not calling online appointments, as I assumed they can not access the online queue.

Thanks for the reply. So immigration took you at your appointment time ?

I'm envisioning 300-500 farangs showing up in front of CM Immigration one day (maybe multiple days) with signs protesting the treatment, process, procedures...whatever and showing solidarity to our problem.

This would surely make the news in CM and probably national news and give Immigration in BKK a little bit more pressure.

If something like that is illegal or suggesting it is illegal (which I am not smile.png)

Doing it another legal way would certainly gain support from most of the farang in CM that are being negatively impacted by these stupid long lines and wait times.

More YouTube videos, more blog posts more more more social media attention to this problem.

2 years ago it was pretty easy for me... maybe all of 3-4 hours without a ridiculous 5am start time... Last years was stupid at 5:15am and I finished at 4pm.

I think what might be a little safer is if 300-500 foreigners took this survey and it was forwarded along to our consulates and embassies, although with Immigration.

In the past some people have made claims here on Thai Visa that they had programming skills whereby they could "fix" the on-line immigration queue (in a jiffy) and would be willing to donate their services. I've looked thru the previous posts and can't find those posts now. They may have been deleted as part of continuing effort to try to keep threads on topic. Anyone remember who made those claims? Or were they just saying "there have got to be foreigners here willing to donate their services to straighten out this mess?"

One of the reasons I've heard for CM Immigration scraping the queue system is that it needs work and they can't get the support from Bangkok. Any of us willing to take on the task? (hmm -- not the task of "taking on Bangkok", but the task of revamping the on-line queue system.)

Edited by NancyL

NancyL is correct. Social media, letters to your embassy or conciliate, political pressure. Demonstrations are illegal under the current government and I can only imagine how this might apply to foreigners. Very dangerous ground.

For those that have existing queue appointments prior to the on-line queue shutdown, I will contact an officer at immigration to confirm the status of those that have existing queue appointments and post.

For those that have existing queue appointments prior to the on-line queue shutdown, I will contact an officer at immigration to confirm the status of those that have existing queue appointments and post.

From previous reports, they are honouring online appointments. Probably, better you do NOT contact an officer at immigration, in case they change their mind.

NancyL is correct. Social media, letters to your embassy or conciliate, political pressure. Demonstrations are illegal under the current government and I can only imagine how this might apply to foreigners. Very dangerous ground.

Here's an idea. You're right, demonstrations or anything resembling them would be - well, not a good idea.

But that doesn't mean that a group of concerned Expat customers of CM Immigration Services couldn't come together to discuss the issue and come up some ideas. We had balford [http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/848600-chiang-mai-immigration-on-line-queue-survey/?p=9740241] make a suggestion to have your significant other or a fluent speaking Thai friend call the government complaint number. But now, to say what??? 15 people calling with different stories and complaints is - disjointed and I doubt will get much attention. 100 people calling with a narrative and theme that is similar is hard to dismiss. The same applies to Social media, letters to your embassy, your consulate, or even letters to you representatives. Heck, how many guys take Thai wifes and families back to your home country: how are they treated there?

Let me make a mad, crazy suggestion (Hell I'm Yank, and use to do some project management, humor me.)

Pull together a group of individuals who can sort thought all the Thai Visa information and any others willing to come to a meeting to help (a Thai Visa mod might help too). Sort out, categorize, and rank the main complaints. Then create a 'Template" written in Thai and English that can be used when phoning in to the complaint line. The other issue would be to put together groups who can work together (online or otherwise) to act a non-Thai government collection points for complaints and issues. This group could simply collect and attempt to corroborate information that they are told. And then if Thai Visa isn't dissuaded by their legal team, maybe that "Template" could be published online here?

Easy enough to make a meeting: Meetup.com. It might be nice to have an attorney who is willing to do some pro-bono advisement prior to the meeting so this doesn't run afoul of any current laws of the current 'temporary' government.

Just tossing out an idea - maybe it floats; maybe it sinks.

Edited by CALSinCM

As people on the forum, and a personal friend,have already confirmed that appointments are being honoured might I suggest that contacting a rocky boat is not a good option?

I am all for this idea count me in. Pick me up at my door I will provide my own sign. They will more than likely photograph us and put us on a shit list but what the heck we are there already so what does it matter. Call the local TV/Radio station. Oppps in violation of article 44 no gatherings of people over 1 and a half(little person)

When are immigration going going to realize this is making people many people leave Thailand!

Its gonna go like the western tourists - when people get enough of this harassment they will all leave for good and search another that are more friendly to expats that actually spend quite a lot of Money but I guess they dont care or are too ignorant to know ... blink.png

They are moaning about the lost western tourists and they will do same with the expats that will leave ...

My wife are extremely tired of us living here in CM and she is thai ...

Lets' get something rolling, because what is happening now is not acceptable.

Here's an idea. You're right, demonstrations or anything resembling them would be - well, not a good idea.

But that doesn't mean that a group of concerned Expat customers of CM Immigration Services couldn't come together to discuss the issue and come up some ideas. We had balford [http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/848600-chiang-mai-immigration-on-line-queue-survey/?p=9740241] make a suggestion to have your significant other or a fluent speaking Thai friend call the government complaint number. But now, to say what??? 15 people calling with different stories and complaints is - disjointed and I doubt will get much attention. 100 people calling with a narrative and theme that is similar is hard to dismiss. The same applies to Social media, letters to your embassy, your consulate, or even letters to you representatives. Heck, how many guys take Thai wifes and families back to your home country: how are they treated there?

Let me make a mad, crazy suggestion (Hell I'm Yank, and use to do some project management, humor me.)

Pull together a group of individuals who can sort thought all the Thai Visa information and any others willing to come to a meeting to help (a Thai Visa mod might help too). Sort out, categorize, and rank the main complaints. Then create a 'Template" written in Thai and English that can be used when phoning in to the complaint line. The other issue would be to put together groups who can work together (online or otherwise) to act a non-Thai government collection points for complaints and issues. This group could simply collect and attempt to corroborate information that they are told. And then if Thai Visa isn't dissuaded by their legal team, maybe that "Template" could be published online here?

Easy enough to make a meeting: Meetup.com. It might be nice to have an attorney who is willing to do some pro-bono advisement prior to the meeting so this doesn't run afoul of any current laws of the current 'temporary' government.

Just tossing out an idea - maybe it floats; maybe it sinks.

Edited by Nowisee

Anyone have ideas about retalliation?. I mean they (Imm) know all of us and we only know how fierce they (Imm) can be.

I would help along, but there is a certain risk to it if you stick up above the lawn.

Edited by hugocnx