very strange tea.

davemos

Hi All the gf made me some tea which she said was 'good for heart".It was made from what looked like black chillies and according to her must be boiled 4 times before the last boiling can be drunk.The Thai name is a little like bebo ?.We couldn't find a translated word for that. Question what is the botanical name and what are the effects of drinking it ? What other 'good for you" herbs exist in Thailand ? Thanks all

The best ones are the ones you know what the hell you are drinking before blindly trusting someone and drinking it.

With some of the beliefs and practices in S E Asia I would suggest that is a dangerous thing to be doing.

The best ones are the ones you know what the hell you are drinking before blindly trusting someone and drinking it.

With some of the beliefs and practices in S E Asia I would suggest that is a dangerous thing to be doing.

The best tea is anyway made from hops. Ready to drink sold chilled in in brown and green glass bottles between 8AM-2PM and 5PM-Midnight in every 7-11.

No need for any other tea.

It might be kuding tea. Does it look like this? If so, then it's reputed to have cholesterol reducing properties. I have some, but waiting a while before I start using it. You can use the leaves 3-4 times over, and it's taste is quite bitter.

Edit: I bought my kuding leaves from the Tea Village on Pattaya Nua. Not a place that sells dodgy stuff - in my opinion, of course.

Sell_kuding_tea.jpg

Edited by WitawatWatawit

There's a lot of dodgy stuff out there so be careful. despite having the Thai name of a plant that is supposed to be hallucinogenic, I was unable to find the Latin name.

I once found a Thai pharmacopoeia on Google, lost it of course.

https://books.google.co.th/books?id=aQP2ztsTssUC&pg=PA219&lpg=PA219&dq=thai+pharmacopoeia&source=bl&ots=lNRTzpe5ma&sig=DFptZlzYHyHcN8qJpQw7EtuqgCA&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=thai%20pharmacopoeia&f=falsmight help.

The best tea is anyway made from hops. Ready to drink sold chilled in in brown and green glass bottles between 8AM-2PM and 5PM-Midnight in every 7-11.

Reptillian correction please beer is sold between 11am - 2pm....

Reptillian correction please beer is sold between 11am - 2pm....

thanks....didn't know that....normally at night times like 8-11 AM I am sleeping tongue.png

But good to know if I need a breakfast beertongue.png

Without either a name or a picture no one is going to be able to tell you what this was.

I agree with those who aid it is unwise to take what appears to be an herbal medicine without knowing what it is. Herbal medicines can have side effects and bad interactions with other drugs just as "modern" medicines can. Should anything go wrong, you would not be able to tell the doctor what you had taken.