Suan Dusit Poll says most people want the cabinet to be reshuffled

Lite Beer

Suan Dusit Poll says most people want the cabinet to be reshuffled

6-7-2015-4-35-22-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Over 60 percent of the people support cabinet reshuffle with the majority of them wanting Finance Minister Sommai Phasee to be replaced by somebody else.

The Rajabhat University’s Suan Dusit campus surveyed the opinions of 1,146 people of different walks of life and occupations during August 12-15 on whether they agree with cabinet shakeup, how they feel about reports of cabinet reshuffle and which ministries they want to see changes most. Poll results are as follows:

64.10 percent of the respondents support cabinet reshuffle pointing out that several ministries have under-performed; 11.95 percent disagree fearing that there won’t be continuity of work if the cabinet is reshuffled and 23.94 percent are not sure the shakeup will help improve the situation.

58.89 percent want the shakeup to cover most ministries to pave the way for newcomers who are more capable to be brought in while 41.1 percent say the shakeup should be limited to include only ministries which have problems.

83.11 percent of the respondents want the Finance Ministry to be overhauled followed by 80.28 percent for Commerce Ministry and 72.15 percent for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives Ministry.

51.88 percent believe cabinet reshuffle will be more beneficial, will make people more confident with the government compared to 7.73 percent who believe that the shakeup will lead to conflict within the government.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suan-dusit-poll-says-most-people-want-the-cabinet-to-be-reshuffled

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-16

Who are these "most people" ? Do Isaan farmers know what a Cabinet is? What about the street vendors in Bangkok? Hardly true that the survey's claim they represent the majority of the population.

Edited by jerojero

Who are these "most people" ? Do Isaan farmers know what a Cabinet is? What about the street vendors in Bangkok? Hardly true that the survey's claim they represent the majority of the population.

sure , you must know better than them (what a cabinet is)... then only guys like you (as well less than 5% of the population - elite of bangkok) must be questionned and take part to the poll.... let the "buffalos" enjoying their inclosure and not saying anything...

post-242586-0-75865500-1439714259_thumb.

sure , you must know better than them (what a cabinet is)... then only guys like you (as well less than 5% of the population - elite of bangkok) must be questionned and take part to the poll.... let the "buffalos" enjoying their inclosure and not saying anything...
Actually, my point was that this poll publicly claims to represent the majority of Thai citizens across the country. I simply don't think it does.

Actually, my point was that this poll publicly claims to represent the majority of Thai citizens across the country. I simply don't think it does.

My supposedly intelligent ( ? ) daughter told me a poll needs a minimum of 1,000 participants to be regarded as ' scientific '.

How does that work in a country with tens of millions of eligible voters ?