Any Video showing how to exit Suvarnaphumi Airport to Pattaya?

steve654

Anyone know if there is a video on youtube (looked but could not find) on visuals to drive out of Suvarnaphumi Airport onto the main Hwy to Pattaya?

I'm actually going to Rayong, but a little nervous thinking how to get to the new hwy from the airport. Ok, it may be easy, but a pic (video) is worth a thousand words to me.

Easy come out the airport and get on the Chonburi highway, head towards Pattaya and just before the turnoff to Pattaya you will see signs for Rayong follow the signs which will bring you on to the 36 which will take you to Rayong other than that one turn off its a straight road for all intents and purposes

Signs are in English... Its pretty easy.

If you have a Smart Phone get a SIM with Data at the Airport - Use your Google Maps for direction like a Sat Nav.

If you are suffer a little further OCD and require further 'pre-trip' planning then use Google Maps on your computer which should give you a simple overview...

You could even go as far as using 'Street View' in Google Maps to look at the Specific junctions.

But really, perhaps much of this is taking it little far... Driving out of the Airport is simple and well signposted.

Thanks everyone!!! From the few replies and pics, there is no way I could fumble the exit now smile.png

Worst that could happen is that I screw up, head towards Bangkok and have a beer with the in-laws!

You cant screw it up as long as you head towards chonburi

The new generation .... Need a video...

New generation. Realizes there's a better way now that technology has moved forward. And isn't afraid or embarrassed to use it.

You really shouldn't be using a video as a navigational aid.

Especially when Google Maps have navigation with voice.

"Turn right in 100 meters", etc.

And if not that, Nokia Here does the same thing, as do other GPS apps for most smartphones.

As someone said, you can pick up data for your Thai SIM in the arrivals hall. Easy Peasy.

The new generation .... Need a video...

New generation. Realizes there's a better way now that technology has moved forward. And isn't afraid or embarrassed to use it.

You really shouldn't be using a video as a navigational aid.

In real time, I'd absolutely agree. But I use videos to prime me in what to expect. They're amazingly handy to see how to do repairs, how to do computer and phone tweaks, and I can see how they'd be real handy to walk through the turns before hitting the road. GPS and Google maps are great, but they, too, can be dangerous if they're telling you to make a left turn, and you didn't know to get in the left lane.

Signs are in English... Its pretty easy.

If you have a Smart Phone get a SIM with Data at the Airport - Use your Google Maps for direction like a Sat Nav.

If you are suffer a little further OCD and require further 'pre-trip' planning then use Google Maps on your computer which should give you a simple overview...

You could even go as far as using 'Street View' in Google Maps to look at the Specific junctions.

But really, perhaps much of this is taking it little far... Driving out of the Airport is simple and well signposted.

If you install the Sygic nav app and the map for Thailand you will not need sim data as long as your phone or I

Pad has GPS receivers built in. On the initial installation you get full functions, free for a week. After that if you decide not to buy, it will still work but you don't get spoken directions.

I bought the world map for life version and it it the best gps I ever had.

I download the map for the countries I will visit and then delete them if storage space is a problem.

It has toys like a head up display for night driving, a built in traffic cam and more.

You can set a route and ask it to demonstrate the route...

Just like a video LOL

You should not need directions, as you should not be driving in Thailand.

Your hired driver should be taking you wherever you need to go.

In May we took a mini-bus from cha-am to bangkok and the driver was absolutely insane. After that experience, I figured the chances are heavily in my favour if I drive myself.

It's not a video but the magic words in Thai are: Pattaya, by tang ny, krup? The parking attendant or any airport staff will 'point' you in the right direction and as Soutpeel says, you just need to go in the direction of Chon Buri as Pattaya is a town or maybe a city in that jangwat (county).

You should not need directions, as you should not be driving in Thailand.

Your hired driver should be taking you wherever you need to go.

And, prey tell, why shouldn't he be driving in Thailand ?

You assuming he doesn't have a Thai drivers license ?

Maybe he's got an IDP.

Or has a foreign licence in English, with photo ID & therefor does not need an IDP ;-)

(If staying <90 days)

I may be mistaken as currently drive on a Thai Licence and haven't required an IDP for numerous years.

I was of the understanding that the British Driving Licence (with photo) was only valid for overseas driving when accompanied with an IDP.

The IDP is valid for 1 year, but you are only permitted to drive in any country (i.e.) for less than 3 months.

Archived