Annual tourist visa/entry limit?

I have a few question's regarding visa and multiple entry visas.

1. Is there a limit to how many times i can apply for a tourist visa per year? I have been to Thailand twice this year so far (1 visa on arrival 30 days in January, 1 single entry tourist visa 60+30 days in April-June) And i'm about to apply for another and go back around October (double entry tourist visa this time)
  2. How long do i have to leave Thailand before i can come back again and start my second visa period on a double entry? Can i just do a visa run or is there any problem with just going to the border and back?
  3. If i stay exactly 90 days (60+30) and leave/re-enter Thailand for my second tourist visa period does this mean i have to do the "90 days report" ?

I'm from Sweden and i'm 27 years old.

1. No there is no limit.

2. You need to exit Thailand and enter another country. If you want to turn around and come back into Thailand you can. A "visa run" is the same as a border run.

3. No you don't need to do a 90 day report as your permission to stay will not exceed 90 days.

While the answers given above are accurate, you should be aware that this is not the whole story. Many embassies/consulates apply their own local rules that will restrict the number of visas they will issue within a specific time period. Further, although there is no absolute prohibition on back-to-back visa exempt entries, immigration officials may take a jaundiced view of a border run history that shows a pattern of staying in the country for extended periods without visas. When entering through airports, immigration officials will rarely refuse to stamp you in, but may do so if they believe you are working in Thailand.

As is often the case in Thailand, seemingly unambiguous rules are not consistently applied.

If i do my visa run by plane, let's say grab a flight to singapore and back in the same day to start my second entry period of my double entry tourist visa.

Anyone had problems doing visa visa run like this?

If you wish do do that there will be no problem

If i do my visa run by plane, let's say grab a flight to singapore and back in the same day to start my second entry period of my double entry tourist visa.

Thats no problem.

Something tells me taking a flight to singapore and back is more enjoyable than 8+ hours in traffic in Thailand.. heh smile.png

Hmm. If all your doing is flying, turning around and coming back then why not take a shorter flight to Laos?

Thats no problem.

Something tells me taking a flight to singapore and back is more enjoyable than 8+ hours in traffic in Thailand.. heh smile.png

Hmm. If all your doing is flying, turning around and coming back then why not take a shorter flight to Laos?

Laos is a much better option, you're completely right! Thank you :)

You may suffer from sticker shock when you check the cost for flights to Laos.

Most people fly to Kuala Lumpor for a out and back. The flights are cheaper and there is no visa fee. Check Air Asia for flights.

• Like 1

You may suffer from sticker shock when you check the cost for flights to Laos.

Most people fly to Kuala Lumpor for a out and back. The flights are cheaper and there is no visa fee. Check Air Asia for flights.

Thanks for the tip!

While the answers given above are accurate, you should be aware that this is not the whole story. Many embassies/consulates apply their own local rules that will restrict the number of visas they will issue within a specific time period. Further, although there is no absolute prohibition on back-to-back visa exempt entries, immigration officials may take a jaundiced view of a border run history that shows a pattern of staying in the country for extended periods without visas. When entering through airports, immigration officials will rarely refuse to stamp you in, but may do so if they believe you are working in Thailand.

As is often the case in Thailand, seemingly unambiguous rules are not consistently applied.

Probably wrong place for this but here goes

My girlfriend is coming from the Philippines on a fly in visa 30 days,

How do I get her a tourist visa 60+30 day visa any response will be appreciated thanks.

How do I get her a tourist visa 60+30 day visa any response will be appreciated thanks.

It would be better if she could get a single entry tourist visa before traveling to here.

She will get a 30 day visa exempt entry not a visa.

She could get a single entry tourist visa at a nearby embassy or consulate after she arrives here.

It would be better if she could get a single entry tourist visa before traveling to here.

She will get a 30 day visa exempt entry not a visa.

She could get a single entry tourist visa at a nearby embassy or consulate after she arrives here.

Best place would be Manilla but be aware that her having a visa doesn't mean she'll be allowed to leave the Philippines, they're very strict about girls traveling on their own, especially if she's traveling to meet a foreign guy & hasn't travelled much before.

I tend to go over for a couple of days & bring my Filippina back with me (no problems her going home alone), & the last time (despite her being with me) she was taken into the office as she had a new passport, explained that we travelled together 3 or 4 times a year (over the past 5 years) which a quick check of my ins & outs to the Philippines alongside hers + the 1000s of photos she has on her phone of all the places we've been to showed, & she was free to go.

If you don't want to go there to "Pick her up" Google "Red Ribbon", it's a way of pre-approving her to leave the Philippines (though ultimately the decision is with the immigration officer).

There are a couple of threads on this already but if you can't find one, start another & I'm sure guys will share their experiences.

• Like 1